SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Previewed and Oh Boy....
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR HD and RCR Previewed and Oh Boy.... Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
Trijicon is sending out their two new optics to reviews while we'll be getting them in Q4 2023. The RCR is a fully enclosed optic that still uses the RMR footprint while the RMR HD is basically a square SRO with a window that sits forward of the base. Some of the issues the SRO has had is people that like running irons forward can't, and on some guns the window hangs over the ejection port which can cause malfunctions.

The deal breakers are the price. MSRP for both is listed at $849. There is no way the RMR HD is worth $849 when Sig can make the RomeoX in the US, be smaller and just as tough, and sell it for $480 sticker price.

https://www.recoilweb.com/trij...20in%20the%20%24600s.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to the first review I could find.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally a top loading battery other than SRO and enclosed RDO but if it's going to be 850 than it's going to be a hard sell for me.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I'm not paying $850 for a RDS until lens-less floating holographic sight technology reaches maturity.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
They should be working on fixing their MRO QC.

Maybe the new RMR is how they are paying for the re-tool?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll pay 850 for floating holographic sight. Lol

Posts: 7497 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I’ll pay 850 for floating holographic sight. Lol

I mean as long as we are putting items on Santa’s arms list I want my holographic site to also Bluetooth into a set of glasses so I have a reticle always superimposed over whatever the weapon is pointing at. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These won't be $850. That's MSRP which is almost always inflated. MSRP on the RMR Type 2 is $731. Street price will likely be targeted at $599 or less to compete with the Acro P2 on price.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
$850?? No dice..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Good to see they're finally catching up to the market with top-mounting batteries. Hopefully the previous RMR type 2 and SRO will now go on clearance and I can buy a couple.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
These won't be $850. That's MSRP which is almost always inflated. MSRP on the RMR Type 2 is $731. Street price will likely be targeted at $599 or less to compete with the Acro P2 on price.

That's still pretty pricy, especially for the RMR HD which I don't think has any chance on the market unless they discontinue the SRO and make competition shooters move over.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is pretty steep,even with a drop for real market prices, it will be pretty high compared to other sights.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Mounting the RCR looks dumb. I understand they want to utilize their proprietary footprint, but it's so out of date it's not even funny.

Posts: 2015 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First look at street price was an email from europtic at $645 at few minutes ago. Which is a bit above the current P2 street price which I think is comparable number. Aimpoint sells all the P2's they can make at around $600 street price. I don't think Sig can qualify as "tough" yet no matter the price difference and for people coming off an RMR milled gun, its irrelevant the price. On the mounting solution for things directly milled for an RMR I think its better to have some way rather than no way to choose from. plate systems like MOS etc. its dumb and they should engineer something better.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Hoping the current street prices drop a bit more before I'd consider buying it.

Buying either requires all new holsters which I'm not a fan of. Would need to budget that on top of new topics.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Agreed on the price of the RMR HD; we'll see what it actually is. I like that you get an Eotech reticle without having a shoe box sized actual Eotech on top of your weapon.

The RCR looks ridiculous on top of a pistol. Maybe it would look better on an SMG.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
So, what's the MSRP of the Acro P2? BTW, any enclosed RDOs will look ridiculous on a pistol. We are so used to open emitter sights that look better.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
So, what's the MSRP of the Acro P2? BTW, any enclosed RDOs will look ridiculous on a pistol. We are so used to open emitter sights that look better.

$600

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the street price is around 600. Still a big ask considering some of the budget options are getting better and better

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
A few places have it up for preorder for $650. Primary Arms has it for $550 for LEOs.

I haven't decided if I want to upgrade my current RM06. If I can get work to pay for one for me to try, maybe. But I'm waiting for the chief to retire so we can make the RMRs optional. I think 90% of us are taking them off.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post