SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you could do a truly pimptastic classic P Series SIG....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could do a truly pimptastic classic P Series SIG.... Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
What would it be? DA/SA classic metal SIG only. List the options of your custom build. I'm talking more than just an action job. I'm talking a true ASP style custom rework by a true craftsman.

What would you build and why?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be tough to beat what Sig has already done with the Legion line.

Buy American-MAGA

Posts: 26 | Registered: September 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chrome Mark 25, purple G10 grips, purple controls, purple base plates on the chrome magazines.

Day glow orange front sight.

GG trigger and action jobs.

I would wear it with my fuzzy purple pimp hat and suit Smile

The "Boz"

Posts: 1533 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Legion and Custom should not be used in the same sentence.
Though I did fit some grips from a 226 X5 to mine so now it's custom.

I can't think of much I'd do to a classic P-series other than having CCR refinish it.
A full stainless done in Dusk would look pretty slick with the controls and such done in CPII.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d do a Romeo+Juliet “Dagger” style P226, or maybe even a P227. Why? Simply to be over-the-top.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
All-stainless steel P226 Legion sans rail, with a 4.4" X5 enhanced profile slide. The pistol would be finished in black DLC, have a gold bead front sight and preferably utilizes the QTR trigger. XNine would be laser engraved on the slide, similar in font to the XFive but slightly smaller. Finally, it would have either thin walnut or black aluminum grips (similar to the grips Q's P228 wears below). That would be pimpintastic!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dakor,

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
All I can think of would be a P226 Nickel with a GGI action job and any parts that could or should be upgraded (trigger bar spring, takedown lever, mainspring assembly etc.).

ETA: Nill walnut or Hogue G10 grips. Can't decide.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: elberettas,

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Can I cheat and say a DA/SA P210 double stack. Make it case hardened with a nice set of wood.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Nothing too extreme or pimptastic. Probably just an action job, reliability package, crowned barrel, stippled front strap, Novak dovetail mount night sights, Black-T coating, and polished flats. Which I did have done.

Why? Just as a goof. I used to lust after all those sweet creations in gun magazines back in the '90s and wanted to see what Novak's .45 Shop could do to my P229.

I had also always wanted a two-tone pistol, and the SIG Equinox series was a ways away to being created.

I'd still like to jewel the barrel hood as a goof also, one of these days. I haven't had that done yet.

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226/P227 in 10mm, because it's a great self defense/bear protection round in the national parks and SIG has only released a single-stack 10mm thus far.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
If you could do a truly pimptastic classic P Series SIG....

What would it be? DA/SA classic metal SIG only. List the options of your custom build. I'm talking more than just an action job. I'm talking a true ASP style custom rework by a true craftsman.

What would you build and why?

Let's see. Convert this X5 Facettes into DA/SA, with Robert Burke's Competition Action Job + QTR done. And, maybe have a master engraver do the entire frame to match the slide. That would be ultimate pimptastic. Big Grin

This X5 Allround Skeleton Supermatch could stand to lose the the rail. Then, the action job + QTR by Robert.

And, this one of a kind all stainless P228 really just needs Robert's magic work on it.

Q

Posts: 26447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WG P226 9x19 worked on by TJs Custom Gunworks!

Posts: 829 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6" SAO P220, all stainless, long dust cover, reverse two tone, slim wood panel grips, with barrels for 45 ACP, 40 Super and 38/45 Clark. Checkered front strap and hard chromed frame. Removable comp ala Sport series. Fully adjustable blacked out rear sight with a Trijicon XD front night sight. And a companion piece built on the P245 size slide/frame, same options as listed for the 6". Then do the same thing but with a 10mm breech face slide, barrels for 9x25 Dillon, 10mm and 7.5 BRNO.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
If you’re letting us go full ASP, a surplus P210 compacterized with a rail, night sights, and the 1911 style safety.

Posts: 9978 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
High polish stainless steel 229 in 9mm, single action, beaver tail, rounded trigger guard, no rail, carry melt job, tritium with fiber sights, jeweled barrel hood, scroll engraving on the slide and checkered amboyna burl grips. Alligator holster, mag pouch and belt. Time for a barbecue.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12794 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Stainless P225 SAO with new magazine that holds 12 rounds.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Some of you need to read the OP again. He said DA/SA only. Razz

Q

Posts: 26447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Stainless P225 with new magazine that holds 12 rounds.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
The P226 25th aniv edition. They look great.

P226 25th Aniv

I'd ruin a collectible, but that's the same as sending one out for expensive custom work and using it.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2011 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Some of you need to read the OP again. He said DA/SA only. Razz

He also said “true craftsman” and “Custom”. So I want my double stack DA/SA P210. I mean what kinda hack “craftsman” am I hiring here. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post