SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Truegunvalue.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truegunvalue.com Login/Join 
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted
Seen this site yet? Looks like a decent resource to find a gun value. I’m sure it’s not totally accurate but gives a good idea. Don’t think it will replace the ‘what’s it worth’ threads.

Speaking of, I found it when researching the value of an unfired S&W 29-2 which they are saying is around $2k.

https://truegunvalue.com/

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5761 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
I’m sure it’s not totally accurate but gives a good idea.

A few minutes on that site made me feel good about the 1911 I bought last week.
Good reference site.

Posts: 3810 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Sites that help to establish market prices and connect buyers and sellers are a good thing, especially given the recent changes and climate at GB... but the prices listed on TrueGunValue appear to be aggregates, and don't appear to distinguish between various models, finishes, etc.., leaving a lot of room for errors in value.

Also, there are some significant discrepancies in gun descriptions. SIGs with decockers listed as DAKs, DAKs (or possibly a DAO) listed as "bobbed hammers", stainless steel slides listed as "West German", features in photos not listed in the description. I don't blame the site for these description errors, but many of the sellers obviously don't know what exactly they are selling...so caveat emptor is called for when using that site.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Where do they get the data from? I can't tell from looking at the site. It would be pretty easy to scape GB completed auctions and other sites which is what I assume they're doing.

Posts: 4079 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Looks like collectable guns are ignored. Trade in value of a Walther PPk is sub $400. What about WWII era guns? They are worth north of $1500 in clean shape. I suppose if you use this for modern guns you are ok.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
like any price guide, online or not, they info will be accurate for some, not so much for others,

trick is to know which is which,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10427 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Ugeesta. Always good to cross check.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post