SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA MEMORIAL DAY SALE SIG SAUER SP2022 SO GERMAN MADE UNISSUED/NEW FRENCH POLICE GUNS 9MM
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA MEMORIAL DAY SALE SIG SAUER SP2022 SO GERMAN MADE UNISSUED/NEW FRENCH POLICE GUNS 9MM Login/Join 
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Any idea what this hole is for? I don’t see it in images of other SP2022’s. There’s nothing behind it.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
What you you see there in the hole is the rear of the extractor. That hole is present on all milled slides with the internal extractor. Supposedly, it facilitates the removal of the extractor, but, in reality, you don't need it there for the task.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Ah ha- thank you!

Posts: 3686 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
If I didn't have a frame made in germany 9mm SP2022 I would have jumped on this, although I am jealous of the proof marks and date codes.

I love the DA/SA on my SP2022, definitely a overlooked SIG Classic, well to me its a Classic.

Posts: 1482 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up from my FFL a few days ago and while I was researching the proof marks out of curiosity I noticed some past auctions (all much higher prices than what PSA has them for) for what would seem to be the same batch of pistols except that they have further French markings on them. Anyone know what the difference is? Are the French marked ones a batch that made it further along the issuing process or something?

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 31, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Image didn't take.

They're marked with "PROPRIETE DE L'ETAT-M.I."

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 31, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farg1:
Image didn't take.

Never took French in school, but searching; the property markings are for the Ministry of the Interior of France. Previous offerings of so marked pistols six or seven years ago had a hefty price tag ($1500 on one site). Those were contract over-runs for handguns destined for the National Gendarmerie, etc.

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Image didn't take.

Posts: 5000 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
Been looking for one for IDPA missed a deal by the look of it.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, they will be showing up at a higher price on GB, if not already

Posts: 447 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
$500 I think but no description, pedigree.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
$45-50 for a magazine

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
$40-50 for a SIG Pro magazine....

You're looking in the wrong place...

Look at Greg cote's site Sig Pro Mec-Gar (OEM) 17 rounder for $32 basically.

Here is a link.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...sp917afc-p-1050.html

Posts: 1482 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are any SRTs or trigger improvements available? The DA pull isn’t bad, but it’s loooooong.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
It was the fact that GB were selling the SP2022's for a higher price and gun brokers price for the mag prices were extortionate, thanks for the link Greg's prices are fine. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Austin228:
$40-50 for a SIG Pro magazine....

You're looking in the wrong place...

Look at Greg cote's site Sig Pro Mec-Gar (OEM) 17 rounder for $32 basically.

Here is a link.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/s...sp917afc-p-1050.html

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
SIG 226R DA/SA
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Image didn't take.

Odd that there is no proof mark on the slide. Anyone who has one of these earlier guns can confirm that proof marks are elsewhere on the gun? These are required by CIP laws to be proofed.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I got a used one for $254 at the LGS a few mos ago. Two mags and no case, but I wanted back into a SIG Pro and could not resist at that price. I would like a SRT kit for this.

Posts: 3590 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post