SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    PSA MEMORIAL DAY SALE SIG SAUER SP2022 SO GERMAN MADE UNISSUED/NEW FRENCH POLICE GUNS 9MM
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA MEMORIAL DAY SALE SIG SAUER SP2022 SO GERMAN MADE UNISSUED/NEW FRENCH POLICE GUNS 9MM Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
WTH? It was $500, when initially posted. Now, it's $550 for Memorial Day Sale? Roll Eyes

Anyway, despite my thinning the herd in progress, sometimes something popped up that's just strangely irresistible. And, this SIG Pro is one of them. Maybe it's because I have heard so much praises for the gun that curiosity got me. So, I snagged one at the original lower price, and it came in this afternoon. Went to pick it up and was surprised that there was no outer cardboard box, when they brought it out. Asked the guy if there was one, and it was on the floor to be tossed out with the trash. Eek "Whoa, man, that is part of the factory package". This is the second time they have done this, tossing the box. The first time I actually had to go outside and dumpster dive to retrieve it. Freaking crazy.

My initial overall unfired impression of the gun is vey positive, with one exception. The finish does appear to be Ilaflon, with that typical smooth jet black look. Don't think it's Nitron. The trigger pull is pretty good for a service pistol. Very smooth DA pull, although just a little on the heavy side. There's a hint of stacking at the end reminiscent of the infamous HK USP trigger pull, but it's nowhere near as bad. SA pull breaks cleanly after short free travel.

Now, my only gripe about this gun is the grip. The shape/contour is just fine, but the traction, or lack of it, is really bad. It's even less grippy than the plastic grips on the classic metal P-series SIGs. That bad. For someone who prefers really grippy grips, I give this one a D grade.

Bonus: While I was doing the transfer, the guy said there are 2 free mags for the SP2022 on the table at the front of the store. The owner cleaned out his unwanted junk and had a bunch of freebies for first come first served. So, I grabbed the 2 mags, plus the SIG NH's SP2022 manual that was with them. What a day!

I know, I know. Later. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting write up sir – Thanks! I am also interested in seeing some actual photos – the photos in the ad copy were shot in poor light. I think the only thing that turned me off about the deal was the potentially awful looking dot matrix “PW REDMOND…” importers marking on the slide. Some of the places on GB who sell a lot of imported pistols are selling versions (not 2022’s) which have a much less conspicuous importers marking. These just look like heck, and I know I am an old woman … Wink

Posts: 447 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Nice!

I hope you like it. It has that unique Sigpro hammer rebound. How pristine is the grip release tab? Wonder if the white lithium grease is still on the fcu after all these years. 7 left Big Grin

Posts: 3556 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh that's what that odd looking orange thingy is?. Seriously I was wondering what the heck it was for. Obviously it's not a chamber flag. Lol. And yeah, the white grease is still there. And thick. Everything is really unmolested all these years.

Q

Posts: 26780 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
OK, here goes, pics. The dot matrix import marking on this one is not as bad as some other PW Arms or CAI markings I've had or seen. I can live with it. It's just a cheap poly gun. Razz

Q

posted Hide Post
12131 - Oh wow - great pictures sir! Now, I’ve got to have one … specially since I still have a couple mags.

Posts: 447 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ they show 3 left, unless they reload. Big Grin

A classic Sig imo.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yours has the regular trigger. Mine has the thin (short reach) one. We'll see how my finger does at the at the range. Eek

Q

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Good eye. I replaced it for the standard trigger. Just about the only modification that can or needs to be done ( besides the grip size). I learned the only potential shortcoming of the design is the snapper sleeve for the trigger pivot pin. The trigger kit really should include one but it looks like there's one in the parts kit posted here prior but TGS is now out of stock. I've reused the old one. Yep, they went quick.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...er-sigpro-black.html

Edit; Looks like Galloway has trigger stuff

https://gallowayprecision.com/sig-sauer/sp2022/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

posted Hide Post
I'll point out that the stated weight on this special 2022 is five ounces less than my 229. That's a lot, and one of very few complaints I have against mine.

If I didn't already have way more 9MM pistols than I should, I'd have grabbed one of these. My 229 was made in .357SIG and came with a .40S&W barrel, so it's a keeper for sure.

Those of you who got the P2022-SO, congratulations!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9226 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judging by the pics at PSA and posted here, note the following:

* Mechanical loaded chamber indicator
* Lanyard hole (as noted previously), on "small" grip insert
* Short reach (not "short reset") trigger
* Ilaflon finish
* European style decocking lever and slide lock lever
* Proprietary rail (which I believe is compatible with Picatinny, but you may have to tighten hard)

These characteristics are common to all the European, Ilaflon finished SP-2022s of the 2009 era. The most common ones from that period had European made parts that were assembled in the U.S., and thus missing some of the marks shown in the items mentioned in this post.

I believe a contemporary, U.S. made SP-2022 will have the following differences:

* No mechanical loaded chamber indicator
* Common SIG finish (not Ilaflon)
* U.S. style decocking lever and slide lock lever
* Standard Picatinny rail
* Missing some of the markings shown in the items here

Posts: 831 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ the lanyard is only on the medium grip size as far as I know.

posted Hide Post
Kind of neat that it's a German that almost spoke with a French accent. I've shot the SIGPro more than a few times. Almost bought one more than a few times. Yet here I am many years later, still without one and likely will never follow through given where I now am in life, and of course where current state laws now dictate. Irony of PW Arms doing the importing and their own fellow state residents being unable to buy one of these because of the the gun's standard mag capacity. Sign of the times...<heavy sigh>

-MG

Posts: 2072 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today. Absolutely beautiful.

I took off the grip and cleaned off the old grease and replaced it with new. The barrel lockup is very tight.

I also found one of the SigPro large size grips on eBay and put it on for my huge hands. The trigger is very smooth, and it feels amazing in the hand. The large grip makes it probably the largest gripped pistol I have ever used, and it’s wonderful.

One other change I noticed between this model and the standard American 2022- there are 12 slide serrations on the French/German model, while there are 10 on the American model.

Posts: 3686 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that some of you have taken advantage of this after I posted it. The 2340 in .357 was my first SIG and I have really kicked myself that I traded it. I think I might start looking around to see if I can replace it. It was just a great all around gun.

Posts: 3610 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ been there...I also traded away my 2340 Blueline but I did find a replacement. Always on the lookout for the Swiss frame.

posted Hide Post
Brought mine out to lube it a bit. The thread got me to pondering; if they're letting the unissued ones go, how close are the French national police agencies to adopting a new sidearm? I looked it up on the web and couldn't find an answer.

Posts: 3252 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I think they adopted a tan frame Glock 17 gen 5…at least according to SmallArmsSolutions on YouTube

Posts: 3686 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
12131, since the grips are removeable, you could always get some more aggressive stippling done.

And it looks like they're all gone.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6087 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up from my FFL yesterday. Pistol looks identical to the one pictured in 12131’s post. I’d say mine is unfired after leaving the factory.

Posts: 671 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post