SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG 1911 - Safariland holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG 1911 - Safariland holster? Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted
I recently acquired a full size, railed, SIG 1911. I have a kydex holster from Black Rhino Concealment, but I’d like to get a Safariland ALS-style holster, but can’t find any in production. Since SIG has its own profiled slide (vs a 1911 slide), i don’t think i can use other 1911 holsters—if I’m wrong, please correct me.

Looking at the Safariland site, my choices are 1911R and 1911GSR…Not sure which one i should be using.

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know they make one for non railed 1911’s because I have one. Love it.

Safariland is a conundrum of a company. Great product horrible website, sales, product search, etc. I never can find what I’m looking for on their website. I would say use their holster finder but it sucks donkey balls.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one of their holsters coming for my Glock 19X.
I had to dig around that mess of a site for a while to find one.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Safariland ALS holsters typically don't have tight tolerances. As jljones calls them, they're basically "gun buckets". Therefore, the slightly oversized Sig slides very well may work in their standard 1911 holsters.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Safariland is a conundrum of a company. Great product horrible website, sales, product search, etc. I never can find what I’m looking for on their website. I would say use their holster finder but it sucks donkey balls.

Individual holster sales are not their focus.

99+% of their income comes from bulk agency contracts and distributor/dealer sales.

So they don't see the need to throw a bunch of time and resources at making a better user experience for their online store just to squeeze another Nth percent of sales out of that remaining <1%.

Posts: 32528 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Safariland ALS holsters typically don't have tight tolerances. As jljones calls them, they're basically "gun buckets". Therefore, the slightly oversized Sig slides very well may work in their standard 1911 holsters.

This is what I ordered since my thumb break has an issue.
I'm hoping it's at least decent since I don't have another retention holster for my pistol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
The 1911GSR should be the one.

Granite Series Rail it was called at one point, but Sig kept the slide profile and rail.

I find the spreadsheet to be more helpful.

https://safariland.com/pages/holster-will-fit-charts

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8345 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear you Rogue but I think they should either stick to contract sales, turn off their website, or unfuck it.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
The 1911GSR should be the one.

Granite Series Rail it was called at one point, but Sig kept the slide profile and rail.

I find the spreadsheet to be more helpful.

https://safariland.com/pages/holster-will-fit-charts

THIS...Once you know what it fits, download the 'Order Guide' to determine the specific P/N for what you intend to order:

https://safariland.com/pages/holster-order-guides

Oh, and ignore the Holster Finder...It's useless!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8922 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post