SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Shadow 2 Orange VS Tactical Sport Orange?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Shadow 2 Orange VS Tactical Sport Orange? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
This will pretty much be a range toy. Just to enjoy banging at some steel.

Is the main difference the DA/SA vs SA trigger? Any other big differences to consider?

Any one have experience with both that can comment?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes, action types are the major difference. Another important thing to know is that the mags are different and not interchangeable. The TS, TSO, TS2 and Czechmate use their own mag which will not fit into the other full size CZ pistols.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
The mags are expensive. When Greg Cote is selling TSO mags for $76, then you know they're expensive.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The TSO feels better in my hand. Plus has a nice trigger. It is Absolutely amazing to shoot. Not that anything is wrong with the Shadow 2. I think you will be pleased with either one. Good Luck !

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Standard 20rd 9mm TSO mags are $48, the ones with an orange base pad are $75. No MecGar aftermarket’s are available.

Shadow 2 19rd MecGar mags are $30, 17rds are $25. These work 100% and fit all 75B series guns. SP-01, Shadow, Shadow 2, standard 75 etc. ACT 17rds mags are $19, but I’ve not used those yet.

It’s simple to make the Shadow 2 into single action only like the TSO. Or leave it DA/SA and don’t lower the hammer, which you have to do manually on the Shadow 2.

The TSO is less common and has a factory magwell but most of the action parts interchange. Hammer, sear, sear cage, safety levers, certain flat faced triggers for SAO, recoil and main springs. The Shadow 2 orange uses a different front sight than the others, even the non Orange Shadow 2.

Personal preference, I’d get the one that fits your hand best. If I didn’t want the TSO in .40 for USPSA, I’d have stayed with the Shadow 2 series.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got both and, yes, the action is the biggest difference.

One thing I'll add that hasn't been said is that they use different frames. The Shadow 2 uses the new frame, just like the TS2 does. The TSO uses the older frame.

The gun on the left is the SP-01 Orange from CZ Custom. They started the “Orange” trend and CZ followed.

Posts: 1315 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd also recommend the TS2 Racing Green

posted Hide Post
The Czechmate is similar, but uses a sight block and can be converted to Open spec.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bac1023,

posted Hide Post
Bac,what are the differences or improvements of the TS2 vrs TSO .I Love the TSO but haven’t seen a TS2. Can you tell the difference in performance. You have some beautiful pistols btw.

Posts: 987 | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShootingSigs2:
Bac,what are the differences or improvements of the TS2 vrs TSO .I Love the TSO but haven’t seen a TS2. Can you tell the difference in performance. You have some beautiful pistols btw.
Thanks

They are similar from a perforamnce standpoint. I prefer the TSO over the standard TS2, as it has better sights and a metal trigger. The TS2 Green has the same enhancements that the TSO has, but it uses the new frame. I do prefer the new frame.

posted Hide Post
The TSO is a little longer and seems to gave less muzzle flip. I shoot it better than the new Shadow 2 Orange.

Posts: 1 | Location: RI | Registered: May 08, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have both. If I had to pick one, it’d probably the Shadow 2 for the magazine compatibility. But the price on the TSO right now is very attractive. If you have any thoughts of using this as a nightstand gun, get the DA/SA

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Challer:
...If you have any thoughts of using this as a nightstand gun, get the DA/SA

Yup, I wouldn't want to use the gun with the trigger pull of less than 2 lbs as my HD gun.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t recommend it for a HD gun still, but I put an Apex Tactical Kit in my TSO and got up close to 4 lbs of trigger pull.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As impressive as these guns are, trying to keep track of all of the upmarket CZ versions and variants between CZ proper and the Custom Shop can drive one nuts. Well, at least this particular 'one' (me)...

Future congrats on whichever one (or two, or three) you choose.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
As impressive as these guns are, trying to keep track of all of the upmarket CZ versions and variants between CZ proper and the Custom Shop can drive one nuts. Well, at least this particular 'one' (me)...

Future congrats on whichever one (or two, or three) you choose.

CZ doesn’t have a “custom shop”

If you’re referring to CZ Custom, they are their own company. They both customize CZ pistols as well as build some of their own.

posted Hide Post
If it is just a range toy, TSO. It is fun to shoot, and very accurate. Since it is so light, you do need to get used to the trigger pull on the TSO. Also own a Shadow 2 Black/Blue. That one is a heck of a gun too! These are 2 that I will never part with.

NRA Member

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Posts: 72 | Location: Tulsa County, Oklahoma | Registered: June 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shadowboxer
posted Hide Post
I recently bought both the Racing Green and the Shadow 2 Orange.

I am in LOVE with the Racing Green. I simply like the Orange.

They are both amazing pistols, but I like the RG way more.

Also have the SP01 completion which I REALLY like, and an unused optics ready Blue Shadow 2. I bought that one on impulse thinking I would use an optic with it. Alas I think it will hit the road as I love the Racing Green and the SP01 so much it doesn't make sense to keep the money tied up in the S2 optic ready one.

------------------------------------------------------------

Proud to be in Texas!

Posts: 945 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Shadow 2 OR with a Holosun 507 green dot and it is amazing! Super fast and accurate! I always wanted a Shadow 2 and realizing the future is electronic sights, the OR model was a no-brainer for me and has not disappointed. I am still working on acquiring the dot with speed when presenting the pistol but I really like how fast I can transition from target to target once the dot is acquired. It’s almost like cheating.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone here shoot the CZ TS2 in 40cal? I was looking at one because I saw one on sale for 1k new.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post