SIGforum
Picked up a SIG P320 XTen

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5670046594

October 20, 2022, 04:05 PM
k5blazer
Picked up a SIG P320 XTen
Been entertaining the idea of a 10m for a while. Went to Sportsman’s Warehouse to shop for camping gear and see about a camp gun. Passed by the gun counter and asked what they had in 10mm. He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island, and then said they had a SIG Ten. It was on the bottom shelf of the counter in a corner. I asked to see it and liked the fit and balance. Even with my small hands I liked the grip. I then asked if they had a 44 mag but all they had were single actions. So, I bought the SIG. Bought a box of Federal 180 gr. FMJ to test the pistol. Boy is 10mm ammo expensive! Going to have to reload.
Went to the range and sent a couple magazines downrange. At 10 yards the first few shots were low and left. My bad, so I concentrated on the grip and that brought things up. I was surprised at how well I could handle the recoil. Really thought it would be more violent but I could keep it on target. Will have to try 200 grains next. Very enjoyable session. Overall, I enjoyed shooting it and liked the fit and feel. The trigger is smooth and lighter that I expected. Much smoother trigger than my P320 9mm. Impressed with the accuracy. Even my wife mentioned how well I was grouping. My only complaint is I am having difficulty seeing the rear sights. Might just be this old ma's eyes. Definitely going to reload as I want to shoot it a lot more.
October 20, 2022, 05:37 PM
wacopolumbo
Congrats on your purchase! I am happy to see the resurgence of 10MM. The Sig 10MM is a good round and close to a full house load.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
October 20, 2022, 05:54 PM
Paten
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island,

What is a Long Island?
October 20, 2022, 07:15 PM
SigLaw
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island,

What is a Long Island?

Likely "Rock" Island.

October 20, 2022, 09:13 PM
k5blazer
Yes, its Rock Island. I knew it was some kind of island. Thanks for pointing it out.
October 20, 2022, 09:40 PM
VictimNoMore
Recent 10mm convert, here.
Get you some Underwood 200 grainers, the ones with the red coated hard-cast bullets.
700 ft-lbs of muzzle energy.
Very spicy.