SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Picked up a SIG P320 XTen
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up a SIG P320 XTen Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted
Been entertaining the idea of a 10m for a while. Went to Sportsman’s Warehouse to shop for camping gear and see about a camp gun. Passed by the gun counter and asked what they had in 10mm. He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island, and then said they had a SIG Ten. It was on the bottom shelf of the counter in a corner. I asked to see it and liked the fit and balance. Even with my small hands I liked the grip. I then asked if they had a 44 mag but all they had were single actions. So, I bought the SIG. Bought a box of Federal 180 gr. FMJ to test the pistol. Boy is 10mm ammo expensive! Going to have to reload.
Went to the range and sent a couple magazines downrange. At 10 yards the first few shots were low and left. My bad, so I concentrated on the grip and that brought things up. I was surprised at how well I could handle the recoil. Really thought it would be more violent but I could keep it on target. Will have to try 200 grains next. Very enjoyable session. Overall, I enjoyed shooting it and liked the fit and feel. The trigger is smooth and lighter that I expected. Much smoother trigger than my P320 9mm. Impressed with the accuracy. Even my wife mentioned how well I was grouping. My only complaint is I am having difficulty seeing the rear sights. Might just be this old ma's eyes. Definitely going to reload as I want to shoot it a lot more.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your purchase! I am happy to see the resurgence of 10MM. The Sig 10MM is a good round and close to a full house load.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island,

What is a Long Island?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
He pointed out a Kimber, a Springfield, Glocks, Long Island,

What is a Long Island?

Likely "Rock" Island.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Yes, its Rock Island. I knew it was some kind of island. Thanks for pointing it out.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Recent 10mm convert, here.
Get you some Underwood 200 grainers, the ones with the red coated hard-cast bullets.
700 ft-lbs of muzzle energy.
Very spicy.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post