SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 87 questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 87 questions Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I found mags were priced the best straight from Beretta believe it or not. I have three coming and am looking for some nice wood grips as well. Something akin to Nils would be sweet. Heck, it may even have a trip to CCR for some refinishing…we’ll have to save what condition its in when it gets here.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
For those of us interested in picking up a new 87, where's the best place to keep on eye on in order to get a heads up when they're brought into the US?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That’s a good question, Il Cattivo. Samples on GB will no doubt be expensive, $1000 or higher has been what I’ve seen. There’s only three or four distributors I use as an FFL and I can’t recall ever seeing them listed. Maybe a call to Beretta would provide some info?

Posts: 6994 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Can't hurt.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I also got spare mags for my 87 from Beretta. No problem.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
For those of us interested in picking up a new 87, where's the best place to keep on eye on in order to get a heads up when they're brought into the US?

Maybe the Beretta website?

Beretta boutiques?

Big online gun retailers?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Not that y’all don’t know what an 87 looks like, but here’s mine. She just came.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! Those grips look pretty good as-is!

Posts: 8411 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great ! Built in 1999 so she's 24 years old, it's been well taken care of from the pic. Congrats too !

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thank y’all for the compliments. These are the grips I’ve got coming… from Europe!

posted Hide Post
Why get a Beretta 87?
If you can get one, the better question is “why not?”

I’ve got a lot of .22LR handguns (Ruger MKIIs/SP101, Buckmarks, S&W Model 41/617/63, CZ Kadet, Colt OMM off the top of my head) but the Beretta Cheetahs are pure sex in my opinion. I think they are some of the best looking pistols ever made. I haven’t shot my 87 much but it was reliable and acceptably precise when I did.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Excam man mentioned on the first page of this thread that the 7rd maqs could be modified to hold more. Can someone elaborate on that? I’ve got some new mags but don't want to butcher them. I get the idea, the slot needs to extend further down, what should I cut it with?

posted Hide Post
Only extend the side where the screw head is on. Doing both sides is wasted effort. Mark 2 straight lines down the mag. I used a 10 round mag as a guide for how far down. You can probably extrapolate the distance if you don’t have a 10 rounder. By the way they are 8 round mags not 7. The Bobcats are 7. Use a dremel wheel to cut the straight lines. Slow and steady. Use the proper width stone to sand the rounded arc at bottom. It’s easier than it sounds. Email me with any specific questions. Good luck.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you sir!

Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Mag fab is fun. Here's my Bersa Thunder 22 and a couple 644 mags than I had to "dremel" some mag catches. I suggest a needle file for the fine work and deburring.

Posts: 3483 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^^ Very good, thanks for the tip.