SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Walther Addiction Continues
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Walther Addiction Continues Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I was at my local fun store again today when my guy said, I just got this in and figured you would be interested. He pulls out a Walther PPQM2.

It's $350. Everyone wants RDS slides now so these are now out of favor.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is the wisest spent $350.00 I've seen in some time. Carry gun right there and a good one.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I had picked up an M1 back when they were dumping them.

Posts: 268 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
What a great buy! Those are great. If I can find the right deal on a P99, I’d pick it up.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome price!

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 09, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a score for sure.
Best striker fired trigger and grip IMO.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Nice!

You guys have been getting some neat pistols lately.

I stopped by my LGS to see if they had any extra P227 magazines and the only thing in the case I noticed was a custom/ruined Desert Eagle.

Let us know how it shoots.

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
What a great buy! Those are great. If I can find the right deal on a P99, I’d pick it up.

I've been hunting a P99, but the PPQM2 is supposed to be the updated version with the mag release button instead of the lever and all.

I put the small grip panel on it and it fits PERFECT. The trigger is much much better then my Glock, but not quite as good as the Sig.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34121 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Yes, best ergos of any double stack polymer.I was also lucky to find a reasonably priced supply of the unobtainium mags a yearish ago.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Screaming deal. Every once in a while a tasty bargain comes along. Such is the case with my P88.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
There is a P5 there, but it's $1300 on consignment.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what’s going on with the P5 prices? Not too many years ago I could pick one up for under 600.00. Now they are super expensive. Did some hawt chick wear one in a thigh rig over yoga shorts in a movie recently or something?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mars!
That’s a nice find and at that price it’s irresistible. Good luck with the hunt for a P99. I’ve seen them online, but most of the prices I’ve seen are north of $700. Maybe I’m just not looking in the right place.

My P99’s are my favorite pistols. I’d like to add another AS, but I think when I bought my first AS it was somewhere in the $450 range back in 2006, maybe 2007.

I think the paddle magazine release is much more ergonomic and faster (at least in my hands). I don’t have to change my grip to hit the mag release. There are very few button releases I can hit without altering my firing grip. Give them a try and see what you think.
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on feeding your addiction. That's an excellent price on a truly great pistol. Since I've long had the 1st-gen paddle catch PPQ, I resisted the temptation of buying any of the M2 versions and then having to start gathering a second batch of "PPQ" magazines, all annoyingly non-compatible with my original PPQ.

But then I went and screwed that self-imposed embargo up by buying the M2 mag-friend PDP. (Sigh) I suppose that now I ought to go and find that longslide M2 that I've long lusted for. Sometimes I do hate how this forum plants all sorts of hazardous ideas in my head... Big Grin

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Great find at an amazing price!!! Congrats! While the OEM triggers are very good, I took the extra step to equip mine with one from Overwatch Precision. You may want to check those out.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I watched the video of pulling the trigger out and I CAN do it, but damn you gotta smack the slide release lever with that punch!

Yours is the same year as mine.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Guys, you can pine away for a P99; but having shot both extensively, my opinion is the PPQ is a better shooting gun. Their triggers are different and the P99 has a decocker. I sold my P99s but the PPQs are keepers. Plenty of PPQs out there to be had. YMMV.

I love the M1 paddle mag release. Very easy to operate.

The P99 is a good pistol. No doubt there.

Nice pickup on the PPQ, Marzy. Enjoy it!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
DUDE!!!

I haven't seen you in a coon's age!!!!

I wish you'd come visit!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’m a few hundred miles to the south, in Florida. But maybe I’ll head up for one of the shoots at Cockatoo Farms!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I was at my local fun store again today when my guy said, I just got this in and figured you would be interested. He pulls out a Walther PPQM2.

It's $350. Everyone wants RDS slides now so these are now out of favor.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

I’ve never owned a Walther anything.

I would like to hear your opinions in regards to how do they stack up to HK P30/VP9 or Glock 17/19.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post