SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gen 5 Glock MOS RMR Mounting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gen 5 Glock MOS RMR Mounting Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On my duty gun I use Loctite 243- It's the medium strength but oil resistant one. Regular blue (242) and others are not oil resistant-

Posts: 341 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Another vote for VC-3 and I would also add a strong vote for aftermarket mounting plates. I use and like the C&H Precision plates as they fill in the gaps on the MOS slide and keep lateral pressure off the mounting screws under recoil. There are stories on the internet of screws being sheared off under recoil but I’ve never known anyone who has actually witnessed such an event. A good trick once the screws have been tightened to the required torque specs is to mark the screw and RMR with a marker to quickly check that the screws are not blacking out.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post