SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Noob P226 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noob P226 question Login/Join 
posted
I inherited two P226’s - U413 and U125. What’s the best resource to learn more about these two guns?

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 24, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Serial number thread stickied at top, https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1810019194.

The first one should be a 1990 gun with the KA date code located at the "chin" of the slide. The second one would be a 1985 proofed gun with the JF date code. They are both common guns made in West Germany. Manufactured by the so-called "folded slide" method from carbon steel, with a separate breech block that was pinned to the slide. This method of slide manufacturing was eventually replaced by the newer method where the entire slide was made as a single stainless steel piece. There was no longer a separate breech block.

Q

Posts: 26435 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have one of these DVD's produced by forum moderator & SIG-Certified Armorer Chris Orndorff.
https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...se-dvd-p-series.html
But it looks like they are no longer available. You might put a Want To Buy in the classifies area here and see if someone has one for sale.

I have used other DVD's by On Target but not the one for the Sig P-Series guns and they were very helpful.
Here is the On Target Sig P-Series DVD but I know nothing about the seller. Might try Midway USA or Brownells and see what they offer.

https://www.tacticalinc.com/ca...g/product/5009-03119

You might also find info on youtube but they can be annoying to watch and follow.

Posts: 18046 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyberphobia
posted Hide Post
I have a Chris SIG DVD full strip and re put back together, on one of my external HD's If I find it and can find a thumb drive I will message you.

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

Posts: 2260 | Location: Ft Myers Florida | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^I still have mine but wasn't sure if it was still copy right protected or not. I know it used to be and would think that it still is. I only searched TGS so wasn't sure if it was still available from another source.

Posts: 18046 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://opspectraining.com/pro...auer-armorers-video/

The rest of the videos are how to assemble and disassemble. Ours is much more than that by the OG of the 226.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
^^^^I still have mine but wasn't sure if it was still copy right protected or not. I know it used to be and would think that it still is. I only searched TGS so wasn't sure if it was still available from another source.

Feel free to share Wink

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8767 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Thank you sir.