SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What night sights for a Gen 5 Glock 22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What night sights for a Gen 5 Glock 22? Login/Join 
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted
Bought my own duty gun for the new part time gig. Had to be a Glock 22, or else it would have been a 9mm model lol. Anyhow, as you can imagine .40 cal guns aren’t exactly available in droves, so I was happily surprised to find a blue line model in stock. Only down side is it didn’t have night sights, so I’ll have to add my own. I’ve been told that the Gen 5 glocks have different height sights to accommodate the different style rifling. So the first question is what height front and rear sights are needed? The second question is what brand? The Glock 43x and 26 that I carry most often have Ameriglo and Trijicon sites respectively. I kinda like the Amriglo sights a little better if I’m honest but I shoot them both equally well and would be happy with either one, or something else for that matter too - as long as it is the same 3 dot configuration. Any real reason to go with one brand over another? I usually just use the sights that came on the gun, but since I need to add night sights to this one, I might as well go with the best option if there is an option that’s better than others. Thanks!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trijicon GL01 Green/Green

I've been using these sights since Glock first installed a set for me in the 1990s.

Right now, I've got a dozen Glocks which have these sights installed.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I have full tritium, I've generally been a dot-over-dot straight-8 or dot-post kind of guy, so the Ameriglo Pro I-dot with the orange ring around the front tube has been my go-to on most of my Glocks.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I have found Trijicon HD to be ideal for me. Black rear, orange front. U notch. Just ideal.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My first "gen5" was a 19X with Glock night sights. I shot I can't remember if it was low or high. I replaced them with gen4 height sights and my POA/POI was back to normal. I'm so used to the gen3/4 sight picture.

Coworker bought a gen5 19 with Glock night sights. Same issue for me using his gun so all my gen5 guns were bought with plain sights so I could replace them with gen4 height sights.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I like both the Trijicon HDs and the Heinie Slantpro straight 8s on my Glocks. I find the Heinie sights a bit faster for me, but would happy with either choice.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Ameriglo Troopers are my go to.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I have found Trijicon HD to be ideal for me. Black rear, orange front. U notch. Just ideal.

Same, although I prefer the yellow front.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My irons gun right now has Ameriglo troopers on it. They zero a little better than Trijicon HDs to me at 25 and 50. However, you can’t use a flashlight to “charge” the luminous paint on the front sight like you can the Trijicon.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
However, you can’t use a flashlight to “charge” the luminous paint on the front sight like you can the Trijicon.

Interesting that they didn't include that on those sights, considering Ameriglo offers other nearly identical front sights with that style of luminous ring.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
This is my first time hearing different generations of Glocks have different height sights. Could someone elaborate and provide a guide? When I've shopped for Glock sights, I can't ever remember seeing anything about, "For use with Gen ___."

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
This is my first time hearing different generations of Glocks have different height sights.
It's not true. For example, the Trijicon night sights I mentioned earlier- I have these mounted on gen2, gen3 and gen5 pistols.

The rear sight dovetail depth is the same on all these generations of Glocks and the front sights are all the same height.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Ameriglo CAP on one Glock and a set of Ameriglo I-Dot on another. I like that style, but if you wanted a traditional 3 dot setup, I'd still recommend Ameriglo. Maybe a Trooper or Custom Classic set. I like the added orange ring on the front sight with one set. The other has the LumiGreen, both are very quick to pick up.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 5 G22 is my HD handgun. I use Ameriglo Protectors with high visibility orange tritium front sight on almost all my Gen 5 9mm & .40 Glocks because the POA/POI are always spot on for me and I can see the front sight very well. The rear sight is serrated black if you're okay with that for LE duties. Ameriglo SKU #GL-5433 for Gen 5 9mm & .40.

If you prefer tritium front and back with high visibility orange front, the Ameriglo Troopers are hard to beat. Ameriglo SKU #GL-818.

Forgive the terrible pic. These are my Ameriglo Protectors on my Gen 5 G22.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
I put Ameriglo Hackathorns on mine. Easy to pick up the bright orange front dot.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I also like the Ameriglo Hackathorns.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Trijicon MOS HD-XR. I can't stand the regular HDs where the rear sight hangs off flush the end and stabs me in the gut in appendix carry.

The MOS versions are shorter front to back.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
So I did some shooting back and forth between my Glock 43x and my Glock 26. My 43x has the Ameriglo Agent sights and the 26 has Trijicon HD sights. I ultimately decided that I like shooting the 43x better, so I went with Ameriglo agents. Knowing that they’ll work ok even on a Gen. 5 gun thanks to this thread, I think either choice would have been fine, but I went with the same sights as the gun I like shooting better. Thanks to all for the input, I’ll let everyone know if I have any regrets.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5578 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Same, although I prefer the yellow front.

One of these two or Ameriglos.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post