SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody running a P320 in .45acp hard?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody running a P320 in .45acp hard? Login/Join 
posted
I transition from classic Sigs to a P320FS 9mm about 6 months ago and have since retired my classic Sig line. My current P320 has just over 6000rds through it as I used it in frequent agency training, IDPA, and other classes. I like the pistol, but I often miss my P220 in .45acp.

I am curious if anyone has put the P320 .45 through some serious paces. Maybe not quite as serious as Todd Green's HK45 challenge, but at least 5-10k rounds and run it hard in dynamic courses of fire with time constraints to really push the envelope of reliability, durability, and controllability. Thanks.

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No real help for you, but my P320 .45 Compact is at about 1K without problem. I put a GrayGuns trigger on it. That, in combination with its manual safety, gives me a very 1911 like experience.
So far.... Been a great gun.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I’m no where near as far into my P320 45 Compact that hard, but so far it’s eaten everything I’ve thrown at it. Plus p HST, steel wolf and even aluminum crap.

I love my P220, but my P320 has far less felt recoil, faster follow up shots and fits me better than any P22X I own.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, you have been helpful. I am still hoping for some reviews on higher round counts on the gun. Have you guys noticed any unusual wear or other issues with your guns?

I have been seriously thinking about getting one to try out, but money has been tight lately and I have bought so many dozens of guns over the years to try out and ended up selling them later that I have been cautious. It is pretty easy to find info on other people's experiences with the P320 in 9mm or even .40S&W, but .45acp has been hard to get some reviews on.

I have become a sucker for the X-frame on the 9mm P320, so I am hoping that Sig puts out a .45 version of it.

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Anecdotal, but the NCSBI, two years ago (or, about the time the Army adopted the 320) were prepared to adopt the 320 in 45acp. Unfortunately, during adoption testing, there were multiple failures to the weapons and both parties mutually agreed to dissolve the contract. NCSBI immediately adopted the G17/19.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I only have around 2K through my P320 45. The only issue has been the lack of grip module availability. Don’t hold your breath for an X version. Most people are still waiting for a medium compact or gone ahead and have modified a full size.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run the full size in USPSA. I have well over 2K in 230 grain FMJ without one issue. I too dropped in a Gray Guns flat trigger. Of all my other full size ACPs, including my 40 ounce 1911, it’s the most accurate and to me, less felt recoil that I shoot. In fact I run it faster in steel matches than my P320 9mm.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
No real help for you, but my P320 .45 Compact is at about 1K without problem. I put a GrayGuns trigger on it. That, in combination with its manual safety, gives me a very 1911 like experience.
So far.... Been a great gun.

Did you put in a curved or flat trigger?
My 320C has been flawless, but the skinney factory trigger feels weird
Trigger pull is clean and decent tho

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.

Posts: 1309 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I'm up to 2.5K total rounds (500 Federal HST +P) through my full size 320 .45acp and have carry it daily for 1.5 years at work (indoors at a gun shop).

It's been flawless so far, but its hasn't been run hard or in harsh elements. Most range sessions are indoors and kept at 150 to 200 rounds.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
My p320 .45 is full size and no mods other than grip tape. Its never been run hard but has developed a problem ever since i had the drop boom fix. Several times during a range session the slide will not fully close on a fresh mag. Doesnt have a problem after. Ammunition doesnt seem to matter. Never did that before the recall. Ymmv

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sigmoid:
I went with the flat trigger. Pricey but worth it. Made a little difference (better) in trigger pull. During recoil, the stock trigger would roll my finger. The GG trigger has eliminated that. I have a 9mm compact due to arrive after the upgrade on Tuesday. I wont even shoot it till I can put the GG flat trigger into it!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the heck. I ordered one. Big Grin

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Let us know what you think after hard use! Curious to know your thoughts.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dc54:
Let us know what you think after hard use! Curious to know your thoughts.

Will do.