SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will a P226 barrel work in a P229?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will a P226 barrel work in a P229? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
I'm considering Leggo like options:

If I have a P226 357 Sig, can I swap that longer barrel into a P229 .40?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The locking lugs on P226 and P229 barrels are different.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buy both pistols. They are great

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information!

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
But P226 .40/357 magazines can be used in P229's?

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
But P226 .40/357 magazines can be used in P229's?

Yes. The fit isn’t great and factory mags don’t offer a capacity advantage in using the 226 mags.

But they will work.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Consider a Glock 22, a Desert Eagle, or a P220 if you are want a LEGO set with bullets.

The G22 can be swapped into at least five calibers and carbines.
The DE is compatible with six of them and have four barrel lengths to choose from.
P220s are available in more than six varieties, chasing down some is quite the task, but worthwhile.

Good luck!

Posts: 9154 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post