SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ultra compact 9mm owners.....Get in here!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Ultra compact 9mm owners.....Get in here! Login/Join 
Picture of Doe
posted
Lets see some of your guns. Anyone replace the factory grips with something different? I picked one up last week in the two tone version. Changed the rosewood grips out to the blackwood one. I also purchased Chip McCormick blue mags (range use)and then found RTG website that listed what appears to be Springfield Armory stainless mags for $17.99 after I purchased the same mags for $35.

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I just traded for this. No surprise the little 9mm was supposed to be a kinda snappy and I wanted more positive grips than came with it. Being a fairly new model, I wasn't finding much I really liked. So I went cheap, hoping these would hold me over.

Just got back from the range and I'm very happy. As it stands, I'll be hard pressed to replace them. I thought they could potentially chew up my hand but nope. I only ran about 50 rounds but, yeah, they worked better than I'd hoped.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Doe
posted Hide Post
That Micro looks sexy. What bullet weight were you using? Aluminum frame right?

Posts: 64 | Location: Land of Oz. | Registered: March 09, 2016Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doe:
That Micro looks sexy. What bullet weight were you using? Aluminum frame right?

Yes, alloy frame. 115gr WWB and 124gr reloads, FMJ's.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig P938 with aluminum grips...I have not done anything to the gun except carry it ever day

Evil Triumphs When Good Men Do Nothing

Posts: 777 | Location: NC | Registered: November 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I have Hogue rubber grips on my p239, the ones with finger indentations. They are really made for this gun, IMO. They are great.

posted Hide Post
@ Marc308: What loads do you shoot out your Kahr MK9 and how's the reliability? It's by far the nicest looking sub-compact 9mm made to date.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
That is one nice looking MK9. There was a K9 here locally for $369, and I definitely considered it for a couple moments.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post