SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommend a kydex IWB 1911 holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a kydex IWB 1911 holster? Login/Join 
posted
First, I’m not sure this is allowed on this site? If not I apologize and will delete.

If not, I’m looking for help. I’m trying to find a kydex IWB holster for a basic non ambi 1911 5” government. I’ve seen we the People and found mixed reviews. I’ve also found Alien, but what I really want is amore basic holster such as made by WTP. There doesn’t seem to be much out there, probably because it’s hard to cc a 1911?

Regardless, does anyone have a suggestion? My go to is typically CYA holsters, but they don’t make a 1911.

Thanks!

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Full kydex? Or hybrid ok?

I've had numerous recommendations for Vedder. My dad, both in-laws & a coworker all have 1 & are pleased with them.

Probably what I'll get to replace my cracked OHC hybrid.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping full kydex. But the fact that I can’t find that … for the most part… seems to say something. I’ve never heard of Vedder and will look it up! Thank you.

Posts: 286 | Location: Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've been pleased with my PJ Holster IWB Kydex holster for my 3 in. 1911's. Can't speak to how well they'd fare for Government-length 1911's.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Bravo Concealment. I have one and It pretty good.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16120 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
JM Custom Kydex makes excellent quality kydex holsters with your choice of belt attachments (snap loops, closed loops, clips, etc). They have 1911 holsters, both Quick Ship and Custom.

Dale Fricke Holsters is another excellent kydex holster maker who also offers various 1911 holsters.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I've been pleased with my PJ Holster IWB Kydex holster for my 3 in. 1911's. Can't speak to how well they'd fare for Government-length 1911's.

+1
Nice holsters, full kydex and a good guy to deal with. Pretty good turnaround also.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my Comp-Tac holster. Not sure what model it is (Infidel Max maybe?) but I'd buy one again in a heartbeat. Adjustable for tension and cant.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8769 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
+1
Nice holsters, full kydex and a good guy to deal with. Pretty good turnaround also.
Excellent turn-around, including warranty repairs.

I have one of his IWB holsters for my Walther PPS M2. After two-three years of on-and-off the belt the built-in "clip" lost its tension. I emailed him to order a replacement. "No need. That's covered under my warranty. Just send it back and I'll fix it."

I had it back in less than two weeks, IIRC.

(And I'm sure he had to do a lot more work than what would be required to simply replace a pull-the-dot snap.)

TBH: I think the failure was my own fault--wrenching too hard on the "clip" to unhook it from under the belt when removing it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well after looking at all your suggestions, and thank you as I haven’t heard of most and a personal endorsement is great, I think I’m going to try PJs.

I like the basic design and the new color of Kydex brown leather! Seems like a winner!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pso1207:
Well after looking at all your suggestions, and thank you as I haven’t heard of most and a personal endorsement is great, I think I’m going to try PJs.

I like the basic design and the new color of Kydex brown leather! Seems like a winner!

I think you'll be pleased with the holster. I may order another myself.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post