SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    G10 grips opinion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

G10 grips opinion Login/Join 
posted
Looking for opinion on the Damascus G10 grips for the Sig P226 stainless steel elite. Not sure if I like the Damascus looks or not. Hard to tell what they would actually look like on a stainless steel gun. I know they are a big improvement as far as the grip goes but not sure about the looks. I know I can order from Hogue but I have a coupon for use with Sig and would prefer to order from them. They only have the Damascus grips in either blk/gry or green available in the G10 grips.

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I think the G-Mascus Blk/Gry looks great on it. Green, not so much.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the G10 piranhas in blk/gry......love them! They're worth every penny.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sig protects my life, home, and family....."God guards my soul"

Posts: 1477 | Location: owensboro, ky | Registered: December 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Have the piranhas in black grey on my 229. Put them on last year to remove the E2 and haven't looked back. Absolutely the best grips for a Sig. as far as color on the stainless I'd stick with all black or black gray. Personally I don't think the green would look good but that's just IMO.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I think the G-Mascus Blk/Gry looks great on it. Green, not so much.

Agree on both points. I have Hogue G10 checkered black-gray G-Mascus grips on my X5 Comp. Functional and beautiful – I love 'em.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only thing G-Mascus green looks good on. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing to keep in mind is that the gray/black also has layers of brown. Depending on the specific piece, there may be more brown than you want. I wish they made a pure gray/black.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wayne229:
I went with the G10 piranhas in blk/gry......love them! They're worth every penny.....[/QUOT

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
WHAT WAYNE SAID.

Posts: 68 | Location: Great State of Jefferson (Nor CA) | Registered: December 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I like the green G10 on my P220

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would do the black and gray. I like the feel of the checkereds better, but think the piranhas look better. Not a fan of green on a gun myself.

Posts: 177 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yew, I agree, the green does look good!

I like the green G10 on my P220

[/QUOTE]

Posts: 385 | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post