SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bruce, please, please, please tell Sig the following re: the 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bruce, please, please, please tell Sig the following re: the 365 Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
The internet seems to be buzzing about the 365. Myself, a vocal sig hater, and many other non sig fan boys are itching to get our hands on one. That tells you something when the haters are looking to jump on the bandwagon.

So here's my thought.

The new Sig 247 (see what I did there...24/7 Razz) needs to be a 5" tall and 4" barrel version of the 365 (read same thickness, or should I say thinness as the 365, but G19 in the other dimensions).

This is the same height and length as the G19/2.0 Compact obviously and has proven to be a fan favorite in the size department.

I already have my 365 on order and the P247 wouldn't replace it; however, I like to carry a bigger gun when I can. What I don't like about the aforementioned G19/2.0 Compact is that they are fat and thus uncomfortable to carry IWB. I don't care how many rounds the P247 would carry, if it's less than a G19, that's fine, just please don't make it taller than 5" just to say it carries 15 rounds. 13 or 14 is fine. I would just like a longer site radius and bigger grip.

And no, a thinner 320 isn't the answer. The 320 is a no go for me just because the slide is comically higher that the grip and trigger. Sig finally got the grip and trigger up higher and closer to the slide on the 365, so a thinner 320 is still yuck.

I could be alone, but I think such a gun would be the perfect companion to the 365. When clothes allow I'll carry the bigger of the two, when I can't, the 365 gets put in the holster.

Man I'd love that setup!!!! oh, and if they could have it ready by next Friday that would be great too. Big Grin

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EDIT: I just realized what I said doesn't matter with SIG's modern love of vertical grip angles.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
The internet seems to be buzzing about the 365. Myself, a vocal sig hater, and many other non sig fan boys are itching to get our hands on one. That tells you something when the haters are looking to jump on the bandwagon.

So here's my thought.

The new Sig 247 (see what I did there...24/7 Razz) needs to be a 5" tall and 4" barrel version of the 365 (read same thickness, or should I say thinness as the 365, but G19 in the other dimensions).

This is the same height and length as the G19/2.0 Compact obviously and has proven to be a fan favorite in the size department.

I already have my 365 on order and the P247 wouldn't replace it; however, I like to carry a bigger gun when I can. What I don't like about the aforementioned G19/2.0 Compact is that they are fat and thus uncomfortable to carry IWB. I don't care how many rounds the P247 would carry, if it's less than a G19, that's fine, just please don't make it taller than 5" just to say it carries 15 rounds. 13 or 14 is fine. I would just like a longer site radius and bigger grip.

And no, a thinner 320 isn't the answer. The 320 is a no go for me just because the slide is comically higher that the grip and trigger. Sig finally got the grip and trigger up higher and closer to the slide on the 365, so a thinner 320 is still yuck.

I could be alone, but I think such a gun would be the perfect companion to the 365. When clothes allow I'll carry the bigger of the two, when I can't, the 365 gets put in the holster.

Man I'd love that setup!!!! oh, and if they could have it ready by next Friday that would be great too. Big Grin

Next Friday ... haha

The rest of this I think would be awesome. Baby steps but if anyone can do it Bruce can!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I still think they need a thinner P320 9mm.

There is no need to keep it wider, its not compatible with the .45 and with kits being vaporware and as much as a new pistol anyway, and the Xtac and X series taking different mags, the whole interchangeable aspect is toast at this point anyway. Thin it up! Make a thinner striker fired 9mm Sig!!

I'm not a huge fan of the M&P and the one I fondled wasn't great, but I am tempted to try a compact at some of the prices I have seen. I don't know why as you are saying SIG and others cant make a G19 sized pistol. It owns the market for a reason, go after it.

The P365 looks interesting, but not sure if it will replace my G43, and it certainly wont replace my G19

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Oooooo...do all that plus make the slides and mags interchangeable.

Ability to have a 365 long slide with a 15 round spare mag. That’d be pretty awesome.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
next Friday

Friday next decade, maybe.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
While they are at it, make it in the 40W-range, to match my Phase-Plasma rifle - that way I can plug them into the same outlet as my iphone.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
You are not alone. I would be happy with a 4” top end with 12 round capacity, without extension. But either way, I prefer the option of a longer slide, but I will buy the 365 as is also.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
What I don't like about the aforementioned G19/2.0 Compact is that they are fat and thus uncomfortable to carry IWB.

Seriously?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
While they are at it, make it in the 40W-range, to match my Phase-Plasma rifle - that way I can plug them into the same outlet as my iphone.

40W is woefully underpowered

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
My wife likes .380's because they are small, have light recoil for their size and easy to rack the slide.

Thinking about the 365...a smaller version in .380 with capacity that beats the Kahr P380/Ruger .380 would be pretty cool too.

I don't need that by Friday though. Next week is fine.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post