SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK SP5/MP5 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK SP5/MP5 question Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
On my SP5 I’ve noticed just playing around with it that with the bolt locked back, there is some definite magazine wobble front to back and even slightly side to side. Is this the norm?

When I slap the bolt home the mag tightens up and has a tiny bit of play with external force applied though no wobble. The paddle mag release mimics this as well. It’s a little loose when no mag inserted then it’s solid when a mag is in. Never really noticed is this all by design?

Posts: 4611 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it's fine. With a loaded mag it will feel more solid. I actually would prefer if there was more clearance in the magwell for easier loading.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Allright I was hoping it was just the way it’s made and so glad to hear it’s fine. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Normal normal.....go enjoy it!!

Posts: 6622 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I plan to thanks guys!