SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    On a daily basis , who carries the longest barrel hand gun ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On a daily basis , who carries the longest barrel hand gun ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The Joker.

/Thread

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a g34 and Tlr1 in a IWb kydex holster on a regular basis.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Not on the once a month hike or hunting trip.

I am talking about five days a week .
Either open carry or concealed.
Either on duty
Or off

I CC a Glock 17 Gen 5 everywhere I go. Non permissive environments, I turn in to the old fat grey haired guy with a Fanny pack and Glock 26.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Before the hip got too bad (replaced it back in April) I carried a G41 fairly regularly.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the fall & winter, I often open carry at work a 5-inch SA MC Operator 1911 (no light attached) in a Bravo Concealment kydex holster; a 5-inch Beretta M9A3 (X300 attached) in a JM Custom Kydex OWB2 holster (superb); or a 5.3-inch Gen 5 G34 (X300 attached) in a Safariland 7TS. The G34 has the longest barrel of any handgun I own. The M9A3 & G34 are much easier to carry all day than the MC Operator.

The MC Operator 1911 is a pig. It's slim and that helps, but by the end of a week or 2 of carrying, I start looking to put it away because the weight is just brutal, even with a 5-stitch Wilderness Tactical belt. I just can't stick with it for more than 5-10 days. I'm fat (5-11, 250), and as much as I like these pistols, I just can't stay consistent with the big guns.

I always wind up going back to my Gen 5 G19 or issued Gen 5 G45 9mm, both with TLR-7.

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post