SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Suppressed LCP II .22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppressed LCP II .22 Login/Join 
posted
The Ruger factory threaded barrel kit was delivered today and runs CCI Standard velocity like a dream. It also ran CCI Suppressor and CCI segmented without issue. Well worth the price of $104 shipped.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
That’s just cool!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears the sights do not clear the supressor correct?
I thought about one of the little beretta 21’s threaded, but already have an LCP II but can’t see the utility if the sights cannot be used

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
I thought about one of the little beretta 21’s threaded, but already have an LCP II but can’t see the utility if the sights cannot be used

No you cannot see the sights but you can just shoot through the can and get good hits. We get so tied up on everything needs to have utility. No………some things just need to be fun. If I need utility I reach for my suppressed MK4 and shoot nickel sized groups at 25yds. One is my plinker, one is my gun, one is for utility and one is for fun. Big Grin

Also, the threaded barrel kit is much cheaper than a new gun Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

6 shots at 7 yds shooting through the can. Decent hits without raised suppressor sights.

Posts: 1100 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
The Ruger factory threaded barrel kit was delivered today and runs CCI Standard velocity like a dream. It also ran CCI Suppressor and CCI segmented without issue. Well worth the price of $104 shipped.

Very nice. That’s a great little set-up.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have the same setup on my MkIII Target (suppressor with red dot).

If you're looking for a holster, check out Tactisol.

I was for years looking for one that would accommodate both a suppressor and a red dot site. This fits the bill and works great.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks!

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Why did I have to go and open this thread?

I have a Sparrow locked up in limbo at the LGS awaiting my stamp to arrive.

Guess I am going to have to add the LCP and Beretta 21 to the safe!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet little package, sir. Suppressed 22lr's are so much fun to shoot.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:

No you cannot see the sights but you can just shoot through the can and get good hits.

+1. The trick is to align your sights normally and visualize the point of impact beyond the can. While you're not likely to achieve precision results, hits are surprisingly more accurate than one would expect. Even with the tiny sights, I can knock cans around all day long using the Sparrow on my PPK/s. Congrats unscorpsman. Great fun!

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, now hang a laser on the front of the LCP II, just because that's also a ton of fun. This thread is going to cost me some money. Thank you!

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
We get so tied up on everything needs to have utility. No………some things just need to be fun.

Quoting for truth. Quoting for emphasis. Amen!

Posts: 17128 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Love the segmented rounds. Just before the ammo market hit rock bottom I found a brick of subsonic segmented at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro. Look forward to seeing how well those work. Looks like the LCP II just made my list.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a post! Great photos, good info with some wisdom mixed in! I have been wanting to get one of the little LCP .22’s but a lot of folks have reported problems. I assume sir, from your comments, that yours (your’s, yours’? - I am so confused Wink), has been reliable with few problems?

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
We get so tied up on everything needs to have utility. No………some things just need to be fun.

Quoting for truth. Quoting for emphasis. Amen!

Agree fun is sadly missing from much of life these days

Posts: 3291 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeoJelly:
What a post! Great photos, good info with some wisdom mixed in! I have been wanting to get one of the little LCP .22’s but a lot of folks have reported problems. I assume sir, from your comments, that yours (your’s, yours’? - I am so confused Wink), has been reliable with few problems?

I’ve run about 1000 rds thought the gun (12) different brands/loads. I had 2 duds a CCI Stinger and a Federal Punch round. They did not fire in my Mk4, so they were true duds. The only ammo it will not run is CCI Quiet 22 but it is 710fps. It may run the Quiet 22 semi auto, but I cannot find any to try. It is realizable enough that it rides in my pocket.

posted Hide Post
usncorpsman - Thank you, sir - it’s officially on my want list. I have a S&W M2214, which has been 100% reliable, but I am always on the lookout, like probably most here, for another small handgun.

Posts: 431 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post