SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Educate me on K frame Smith and Wesson model 19's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Educate me on K frame Smith and Wesson model 19's Login/Join 
Member
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius. Above all though, I like dressing up my revolvers (like my S&W Model 66-3 here) with upgraded stocks. This one has a set of stocks made by Craig Spiegel. It takes a while to work your way up the list, but everything about these grips (fit, feel, and aesthetics) is perfect for me.



"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
 
Posts: 10531 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of mike_jackmin
posted Hide Post
125 grain .357 loads should not be used in any of the older k-frames, as they may cause the forcing cone to crack. sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't

the stainless guns might be more resistant to this, but i don't know if anyone can say for sure
 
Posts: 418 | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius.

I used to have a 3" model 13 (fixed sights) that I still kick myself for selling. This is my current 66-1:
 
Posts: 8098 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius. Above all though, I like dressing up my revolvers (like my S&W Model 66-3 here) with upgraded stocks. This one has a set of stocks made by Craig Spiegel. It takes a while to work your way up the list, but everything about these grips (fit, feel, and aesthetics) is perfect for me.



Man! That is nice!!!


-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
 
Posts: 8477 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius.

I used to have a 3" model 13 (fixed sights) that I still kick myself for selling. This is my current 66-1:


That is a clean example, the grips go perfectly with the SS. Very nicely done !


JEREMIAH 33:3
 
Posts: 3221 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
19s and 66s carry nice and shoot better. If you will shoot lots of full power or nearly full power loads, you may prefer a L or N frame for durability. But for carrying, a K frame is hard to beat.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
 
Posts: 53526 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
That is a clean example, the grips go perfectly with the SS. Very nicely done !


Agreed. The tan G10's look great with the stainless.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19281 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
As long as we're sharing, here are my 19's..


Adios,

Pizza Bob


NRA Benefactor Member
 
Posts: 1548 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I sold myself a couple then got rid of them. (Heavy sigh) Maybe there should be a First Amendment formula about how many rounds you had to fire practicing before you could debate. But thats bad for business. I know.

Then I got a six inch 586. I am incorrigible.
 
Posts: 81 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Educate me on K frame Smith and Wesson model 19's

© SIGforum 2026