SIGforum
Educate me on K frame Smith and Wesson model 19's

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5460020225

September 06, 2026, 12:21 PM
pulicords
Educate me on K frame Smith and Wesson model 19's
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius. Above all though, I like dressing up my revolvers (like my S&W Model 66-3 here) with upgraded stocks. This one has a set of stocks made by Craig Spiegel. It takes a while to work your way up the list, but everything about these grips (fit, feel, and aesthetics) is perfect for me.




"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
September 07, 2026, 08:13 AM
mike_jackmin
125 grain .357 loads should not be used in any of the older k-frames, as they may cause the forcing cone to crack. sometimes you can get away with it, sometimes you can't

the stainless guns might be more resistant to this, but i don't know if anyone can say for sure
September 07, 2026, 12:12 PM
Expert308
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius.

I used to have a 3" model 13 (fixed sights) that I still kick myself for selling. This is my current 66-1:

September 07, 2026, 11:30 PM
ruger357
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius. Above all though, I like dressing up my revolvers (like my S&W Model 66-3 here) with upgraded stocks. This one has a set of stocks made by Craig Spiegel. It takes a while to work your way up the list, but everything about these grips (fit, feel, and aesthetics) is perfect for me.



Man! That is nice!!!



-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
September 08, 2026, 07:18 AM
got2hav1
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I'm a big fan of 3" barrels (vs 2.5" barrels) because they provide full length extraction as well as a bit more velocity and sight radius.

I used to have a 3" model 13 (fixed sights) that I still kick myself for selling. This is my current 66-1:


That is a clean example, the grips go perfectly with the SS. Very nicely done !


JEREMIAH 33:3
September 10, 2026, 09:04 AM
jhe888
19s and 66s carry nice and shoot better. If you will shoot lots of full power or nearly full power loads, you may prefer a L or N frame for durability. But for carrying, a K frame is hard to beat.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 10, 2026, 10:10 AM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by got2hav1:
That is a clean example, the grips go perfectly with the SS. Very nicely done !


Agreed. The tan G10's look great with the stainless.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
September 10, 2026, 11:09 AM
Pizza Bob
As long as we're sharing, here are my 19's..


Adios,

Pizza Bob


NRA Benefactor Member
September 10, 2026, 01:40 PM
dmurray
I sold myself a couple then got rid of them. (Heavy sigh) Maybe there should be a First Amendment formula about how many rounds you had to fire practicing before you could debate. But thats bad for business. I know.

Then I got a six inch 586. I am incorrigible.