SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Making a Glock 19L ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Making a Glock 19L ? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I picked up a SS MR920l and it’s scratched the itch quite well. Smile The gunsmith I was going to use is:

https://www.txtcgw.com/

quote:
Originally posted by DFW_Jose:
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
… or a chopped G17. I’m interested in one of these. I found a reputable Gunsmith here in the DFW area that does a “chop” job on the G17 allowing it to use G19 mags. I know this has probably been discussed before, but with the current plethora of aftermarket slides available now… what’s the best way to go about making one of these? I’m tempted to just pick up a Gen 5, MOS, 17 and send it to this fella. If you have a Glock like this I’d love to see a pic.

I'm curious but who is the gunsmith? I'm in DFW as well and wondering.

Boresight Solutions actually has one in stock. A Glock 19 frame with a 47 slide assembly. Pricey because it has their grip frame work and some other mods done to it. Worth a look at if you are interested.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
It's able to be done right now, own a Glock 19 5th gen, ok then buy a Glock 47, remove that slide on put it on your 5th gen G19 frame, there u go.

I'm thinking then the G19 slide on the G47 (which is a G45 frame) would be basically a G45 so you'd have "effectively" a G19L and a G45 just from both sets of slides/frames being swapped.

Considering its that easy of a switch Glock's probably just deciding what to name that version of a 9mm, Glock 49/50/19XL/etc whatever.

Posts: 1471 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post