SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220 SRT decocking lever vs one in E2 kit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 SRT decocking lever vs one in E2 kit? Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I am putting an SRT kit into my older P220. I am also one of those who likes the E2 grip fit. [don't judge me!]

I will be installing the E2 grips also, and have a kit on order.

In looking at the pics, it looks like the E2 decocking lever is different from the one in the SRT kit for my P220.

The big differences I see are that the SRT one has a 'bump' on the flat flange that goes around the pivot pin, while the one in the E2 kit is very rounded at that point. I can't see if the tab inside the frame is different, as the E2 kit hasn't arrived yet.

I want the SRT kit to decock safely/properly- so, should I keep the SRT kit's lever? Or, will it bind on the E2 grip?

Will the E2 decock lever work properly with an SRT kit?

Any tips would be appreciated.

I really don't want to have to pop the E2 grips off once I have it all back together- but I can if I need to.

Thanks in advance for any tips/insight you can share.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
My understanding is the lever in the SRT kit is modified to work with the new sear. I'd stick with it.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought a new Nitron P220 in 2019, it already had the new-style decocking lever (consistent with that in the 220’s SRT kit) even though it came with the E2 grip. (Unlike you, I immediately replaced the E2 grip.) I only needed to buy the SRT sear and safety lever to effect that conversion.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 P220 decocking levers - the old, rounded one that lacks the flat top edge w/ bump and the new SRT version. As I experienced, I believe all new DA/SA 220’s are produced with the new style lever.

I realize that the stock photos for the 220’s E2 kit show the old style lever but I wouldn’t be surprised if you instead receive the new style lever.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Let's revive this one. I bought three SRT kits last week, went to install them in some P220s tonight. First one was very smooth sailing. It's a police turn-in with rail and slim grips. Not sure on year, but it's all black, so I didn't mind replacing the decocking lever that came with the kit.

Second one is my 1995 P220. I put an E2 grip on it long ago, but it's been redone in NP3, so I don't want to use the black decocking lever from the kit. I could not get this one to work. It fires DA/SA no problem, but the decocker does not work. I can sometimes get it to work, but it's very late to decock. I compared everything with the previous install, even detail stripped the whole damned thing. I can not see a micron of difference in anything, but the 1995 one will not decock. I'm pretty sure I've done this on other NP3'ed SIGs and didn't use the newer decocking lever that came with the kits. Is that the problem here? Losing my mind over this one..

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post