SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A New Pony In The Stable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New Pony In The Stable Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I got lucky and found this 2nd Gen 1956 Colt Single Action Army. Right at the beginning of the western renaissance.

The fit and finish is Python quality. I've always longed for a first gen SAA, but the beginning of the 2nd is nothing to complain about.

First thing is these grips gotta go for something a little more....Marzy. Perhaps the Hand Of God grips from 3:10 to Yuma?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congrats! What caliber? .45 LC?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes, .45LC.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12782 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Very nice condition 2nd gen!

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I feel like I’m shopping for my wife Marzy lol! You’re either gonna love em or hate em.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6323 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that Colt - it looks great!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6695 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
You know she's coming out to play at the next MarzyShoot!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
Congrats on that beautiful 2nd Gen SAA. I sort of have it's twin, except mine was made in 1957. I have run a lot of reloads (mild) through mine and enjoyed every shot!! Tell up how it shoots for you......you do plan on shooting it don't you?????

Posts: 6624 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gonna shoot it!

It was made to be shot when it was manufactured, so I won't let it go to waste!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mars_Attacks,

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Very nice man, so jealous.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
A very nice hogleg.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1560 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Yup.

0:01

Posts: 4212 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol. Congrats.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I like those grips....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

Posts: 457 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Great looking pistol! Congratulations!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post