SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Blackhawk 10mm/40 S&W limited run
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Blackhawk 10mm/40 S&W limited run Login/Join 
posted
Ruger's website shows they are now making a limited run of Blackhawk revolvers in 10mm. These will come with an extra cylinder chambered for 40 S&W. So, if you're old enough to remember when Ruger offered a 10mm Blackhawk with extra 38-40 cylinder through Buckeye Sports in the late 80s and never got one, here's a nice opportunity to grab one!

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
"Just one more Ruger, Honey"

It's a sickness.

DSCN1852 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OMG!!!!!

Nice collection!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My "Bisley-ized" Buckeye.

After the first 50 rounds when I first bough it, the 10mm cylinder never saw use again.
For a handloader, 38-40 will do 180grs @ 1500 fps without much fuss at all in a modern Ruger. Cool

Posts: 21049 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Nope. I'm holding out for a simple blued version of the 5.5" Bisley Blackhawk in .45 Colt that Ruger and Turnbull recently put out. The Turnbulls are truly gorgeous, but there's no way I'll ever keep one in pristine condition and I'd hate myself if I ever messed up that beautiful a revolver. Ruger's offering a .44 Special through Lipsey's, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
"Just one more Ruger, Honey"

It's a sickness.

DSCN1852 by Dave Steier, on Flickr

WOW! Nice!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
My "Bisley-ized" Buckeye.

After the first 50 rounds when I first bough it, the 10mm cylinder never saw use again.
For a handloader, 38-40 will do 180grs @ 1500 fps without much fuss at all in a modern Ruger. Cool

Damn, that's cool!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Rolan,

Get help. Get help now. Big Grin Wink Cool

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@cas: What kind of 38-40 hollow point bullets are you shooting there? Looks like you're a reloader. I have a Browning B92 Carbine that was re-barreled to 38-40 and I'd be interested in giving them whirl.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
180gr XTP's with a cannelure added.

Posts: 21049 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post