SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CCW/EDC Options With Weights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCW/EDC Options With Weights Login/Join 
posted
I typically rotate a few options regarding CCW /EDC. The ones currently in rotation are as follows:

2 pounds 6.3 ounces, P220 with 8+1 230gr Winchester Ranger, .45ACP. Galco FLETCH OWB holster.

2 pounds 2.4 ounces, P239 with 8+1 125gr Gold Dots, .357Sig. Diamond D Custom Leather Pancake holster.

2 pounds 2.69 ounces, GP100 3" with 6 158gr Gold Dots, .357Mag. DeSantis High Rise OWB holster.

2 pounds 2.69 ounces, P229 with 12+1 125gr Gold Dots, .357Sig. Diamond D Custom Leather Shoulder holster.

From a capacity to weight ratio, the P229 and then the P239 should move up in the rotation. In my case, a strong gun belt 1.75" wide and a good quality holster make all of these options quite comfortable.
I recently bought an Amazon postal scale as I was wondering how they'd all weigh out. The GP100 and the P239 are being carried most often today. Going forward, the GP100 will likely get replaced by the P229.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never weighed any of my carry guns but I know my 19X is the heaviest.
Winter is done here so I'm IWB with the Hellcat which should take me all the way through to November or so. Pretty damn light.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've never thought to weight & see where they stand.

But, my P320 is my 99% EDC
Option 2 is my KT P11, but that one is usually reserved for pocket carry (slacks/business attire), with the 320 taking IWB duty.

I'll have to see if I can find some time to get them on the scale with their respective holsters.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If you ever strapped on P365, you'd probably think you forgot to put it on.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Some of you have a LOT of extra time on your hands if this is what you spend it on.
Holy shit.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weight wise, my cutoff is an all steel, fully loaded 5 inch 1911. Nothing heavier than that for daily EDC.
Weight/size is less a factor than proper holster and belt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I was going to say I don't rotate and find the thought troublesome... then I have to admit that on occasion I can't carry my p239 easily and so I put my P290 in a pocket holster .....and carry that way.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer consistency which is why I have a P220, P229 and P239. All of these are SA/DA with a Lasermax with the same nomenclature.

Next up will be a P226 when the time is right. By time is right I mean, when I have the money and also find one, preferably in .357Sig that I can afford.

Realistically, the GP100 will likely see less CCW/EDC use going forward.

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

posted Hide Post
A top quality holster and belt and you won’t even know it’s there.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
If you ever strapped on P365, you'd probably think you forgot to put it on.

Having previously carried a Kahr CW380 for four years, I noticed the P365. It took some time to get used to it, It was an incremental change - 4+ rounds and a 9mm NATO power sized slide and barrel make a difference. I added a safety and kept using the ten round mags, no reason to go heavier with more accessories. About 24 oz loaded according to most sources.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TN Mark:
I typically rotate a few options regarding CCW /EDC. The ones currently in rotation are as follows:

2 pounds 6.3 ounces, P220 with 8+1 230gr Winchester Ranger, .45ACP. Galco FLETCH OWB holster.

2 pounds 2.4 ounces, P239 with 8+1 125gr Gold Bond, .357Sig. Diamond D Custom Leather Pancake holster.

2 pounds 2.69 ounces, GP100 3" with 6 158gr Gold Bond, .357Mag. DeSantis High Rise OWB holster.

2 pounds 2.69 ounces, P229 with 12+1 125gr Gold Bond, .357Sig. Diamond D Custom Leather Shoulder holster.

I thought Gold Bond was a talcum powder. Big Grin

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Gold Bond', that’s awesome, I fixed it to be Gold Dots, thank you!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TN Mark,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org