SIGforum
I want to cut off the right side of my Glock gen 5 slide stop. Any suggestions on how to do so?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5320086254

January 27, 2019, 04:52 PM
BennerP220
I want to cut off the right side of my Glock gen 5 slide stop. Any suggestions on how to do so?
As the title says. I'm not sure where exactly I need to cut it and what to use.

I have the ol' dremel and right angle grinder. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to cut and how to cut it?

Thanks in advance.
January 27, 2019, 05:07 PM
valkyrie1
Found this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO6oSAZf8Ng&t=698s
January 27, 2019, 06:02 PM
BennerP220
Thank you. I took Lenny’s advice and used my dremel cutting wheel. Worked like a charm! I guess I was over thinking it.

Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Found this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO6oSAZf8Ng&t=698s

January 27, 2019, 07:12 PM
parabellum
Dremel, and a few passes with a flat file.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
January 27, 2019, 07:20 PM
BennerP220
Thank you, Para. I finished with your advice, too. Great call on the file!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dremel, and a few passes with a flat file.

January 27, 2019, 07:36 PM
BennerP220
Turned out pretty good I think.

January 27, 2019, 07:41 PM
sigarms229
I would have done the same thing. Not a fan of the ambi slide stop on the Gen 5s....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
January 28, 2019, 07:14 AM
patw
I am wanting to get an extended release and do the same thing. I appreciate the "ambi" thing on but it would be nice to have options.
January 28, 2019, 12:18 PM
Pittwm
I trimmed mine down.
January 29, 2019, 03:09 PM
RobC2
It definitely makes holsters more difficult to find. I expect there will be a bunch of aftermarkets solutions before long.
January 29, 2019, 06:06 PM
cas
Yep, hacksaw or better yet, dremmel cut off wheel. File, round the corners, cold blue. I've done it to a couple Glocks and an M&P.

January 29, 2019, 06:45 PM
BennerP220
Yes, code blue. I did remember to do that!

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Yep, hacksaw or better yet, dremmel cut off wheel. File, round the corners, cold blue. I've done it to a couple Glocks and an M&P.

January 29, 2019, 10:48 PM
bubbatime
If you look at the right side lever really closely, it never comes into contact with the slide. Only the left side actually comes into contact with the slide, to lock the slide back on empty.

Thus, I believe you can hack off most of the lever and get it out of there if you want.

At the red line, cut.

Edit: After looking at it some more, the right side lever MIGHT offer support for the trigger bar, in which case you would want to cut it in the pink area.

January 30, 2019, 09:50 AM
BennerP220
Thank you, bubbatime!

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
If you look at the right side lever really closely, it never comes into contact with the slide. Only the left side actually comes into contact with the slide, to lock the slide back on empty.

Thus, I believe you can hack off most of the lever and get it out of there if you want.

At the red line, cut.

Edit: After looking at it some more, the right side lever MIGHT offer support for the trigger bar, in which case you would want to cut it in the pink area.

January 30, 2019, 12:09 PM
striker1
Para, did you cut the slide stop on your G42 to address an issue with your thumb riding?

Just curious.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.