SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I want to cut off the right side of my Glock gen 5 slide stop. Any suggestions on how to do so?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to cut off the right side of my Glock gen 5 slide stop. Any suggestions on how to do so? Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted
As the title says. I'm not sure where exactly I need to cut it and what to use.

I have the ol' dremel and right angle grinder. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to cut and how to cut it?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I took Lenny’s advice and used my dremel cutting wheel. Worked like a charm! I guess I was over thinking it.

Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie1:
Found this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO6oSAZf8Ng&t=698s

Posts: 3443 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dremel, and a few passes with a flat file.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para. I finished with your advice, too. Great call on the file!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dremel, and a few passes with a flat file.

Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Turned out pretty good I think.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I would have done the same thing. Not a fan of the ambi slide stop on the Gen 5s....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am wanting to get an extended release and do the same thing. I appreciate the "ambi" thing on but it would be nice to have options.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
I trimmed mine down.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
It definitely makes holsters more difficult to find. I expect there will be a bunch of aftermarkets solutions before long.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Yep, hacksaw or better yet, dremmel cut off wheel. File, round the corners, cold blue. I've done it to a couple Glocks and an M&P.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Yes, code blue. I did remember to do that!

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Yep, hacksaw or better yet, dremmel cut off wheel. File, round the corners, cold blue. I've done it to a couple Glocks and an M&P.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If you look at the right side lever really closely, it never comes into contact with the slide. Only the left side actually comes into contact with the slide, to lock the slide back on empty.

Thus, I believe you can hack off most of the lever and get it out of there if you want.

At the red line, cut.

Edit: After looking at it some more, the right side lever MIGHT offer support for the trigger bar, in which case you would want to cut it in the pink area.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you, bubbatime!

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
If you look at the right side lever really closely, it never comes into contact with the slide. Only the left side actually comes into contact with the slide, to lock the slide back on empty.

Thus, I believe you can hack off most of the lever and get it out of there if you want.

At the red line, cut.

Edit: After looking at it some more, the right side lever MIGHT offer support for the trigger bar, in which case you would want to cut it in the pink area.

Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Para, did you cut the slide stop on your G42 to address an issue with your thumb riding?

Just curious.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post