SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I Can't Stop! Now I Have a Hi-Standard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Can't Stop! Now I Have a Hi-Standard Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I snagged it for $300 just now off the local gun board. Plastic lowers and striker fired decades before the Glotch.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34068 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think this is a 101 Model. Its in beautiful condition. Did you by chance get any spare mags, box?

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's a 1960.

No spare mags and no box.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34068 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that Duramatic in a 6 inch. I carried it as a woods gun back in the '70's. The safety button kept getting pushed off even tho the holster covered it. I sold it and Smith had just come out with a stainless 22 revolver {617 no dash} The 617 in 4 inch became my new snowshoeing gun. This was back when snowshoe bunnies were all over and so I hunted them. I shot many with the Duramatic and that is why I kept one in the pipe and needed the safety to work.

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I noticed the safety is quite easy to work. I can modify it to be a bit stiffer.

Like my brother mentioned, the younger generation have no love for these old pistols so they get looked over.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
OK I just negotiated a 1956 Supermatic S-101 with the compensated barrel.

I'll meet the guy Saturday.
It's gonna be quite the range report day next Saturday!!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
You 2 will have a nice collection of .22s!

Now do a Browning Medalist Wink.

Should be a great shoot out with all the different models. Congrats guys.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Like my brother mentioned, the younger generation have no love for these old pistols so they get looked over.

Yes!
Was just thinking that.
But maybe they will start to learn. Till then, it’s deangerous for us old farts.
The ones that have been recently mentioned here - the Hi Standards, the Browning and the Colt Challengers, the Woodsmen, just nothing like them.
I grew up on the Matt Helm series. Matt sang the praises of the precisely placed 22, and noted the 38 special was overly loud and powerful for a lightweight gun.
Congrats on that great acquisition.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Very nice, Marzy.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice HS. The magazine feed lip spacing is critical on the guns for reliable function. After market mags tend to bend more easily and not function properly.

Posts: 263 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice acquisition Mars!

This says it all.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7032 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I bought one just like that at the Western Auto in Rantoul, IL back in 72. It cost me $69.00. I still have it and shoot it from time to time.

I couldn't come up with the $69 all at once and put the gun on lay-away. I was just out of the Army and making $700 a month. I had a wife, baby and a monthly payment on a mobile home. Any day I didn't buy lunch, I put $1.00 in a tea pot. I went to Chanute AFB monthly and would stop and pay off a few dollars more.

When I bought it, a plastic pack of 100 CCI Mini-Mags were $.99 at K-Mart. I have shot many thousands of rounds with that gun and it taught me a lot about shooting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Army ROTC at my college had Hi-Standards and Model 41s at the university indoor rifle range. I took pistol marksmanship one semester and shot up a lot of Uncle Sam's ammo under the watchful eye of Sergeant Lara.

The High-Standards were nice pistols.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that’s a sweet little 22!
Looking forward to a range report (with lots of pics)

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
You may find the grip will start to disintegrate. Mine did several years ago. Numrich has some black replacements. I recommend you get one in case you need it in the future.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Looking at the three recent Hi-Standard threads, I’m impressed by the great variety of configurations. Including David Lee’s mention of 22 short versions.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8832 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Looking at the three recent Hi-Standard threads, I’m impressed by the great variety of configurations. Including David Lee’s mention of 22 short versions.

Those are the Olympics. I fear 22 short will be obsolete soon.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post