SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cockatoo got some plastic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cockatoo got some plastic Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
Well since Marzy picked up that Walther PPQ and PPK, my buddy got a P99, well I had to have a Walther too.

So this is my first ever plastic gun.
So kicking and screaming I've been dragged into modern firearms.

I have to say I was very impressed with how it functions.
It ate my garbage reloads like candy.

Here's a quick range report video.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Do you find it a bit small or a good size for concealment?

I might have to check one out.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It was my first plastic gun too. I had the same results you had when I shot my dad’s on steel at 20-25 yards, so I picked one up.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

Do you find it a bit small or a good size for concealment?

I might have to check one out.

I was concerned it was a little big for me but is't actually a good fit.

The standard mag is a little short but I can put it on target ever round though.

Posts: 39753 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to have at least one plastic gun. Walther is a fine choice.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
You have to have at least one plastic gun. Walther is a fine choice.

Walters, quality guns. I had a PPQ for awhile, but I found the trigger so light, I would double when I wasn't meaning to. So, if I kept it, it would be relegated to a range only gun and I don't need more of those. So it's gone. I guess if I trained with it enough, accidental doubles might wane. Still.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Cockatoo got some plastic

Damn! Better late than never. Wink

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I looked at a CCP as it was the same price as the PPS.
It's trigger pull was much lighter and that concerned me too.
I like the gas lock that made the slide super light to work.
Than it started feeling like an airsoft toy.

I like how fast I can realign the sites for follow up shots.

I'm at 60 feet on 8" steel plates.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
You will buy a Glock

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/5941074751/p/1

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
You will buy a Glock

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...935/m/5941074751/p/1

I looked at the Glock.
I looked at the .380 and the Walthers.
The used 42 was $80 more and fewer rounds.
But I LOVED how small it was. Marxy's Sig though is perfect. I may have to spring for a used one.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure what kind of Sig Marzy has, but have you had a chance to try out a P238?

I ended up with a two tone version and just kept accumulating magazines.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure what kind of Sig Marzy has, but have you had a chance to try out a P238?

I've played with it.
It's a Colt Mustang clone.
I'm not comfortable carrying cocked and locked.
It's why I carried revolver for years.
The trigger of the PPSis close to a revolver to me.

My brother has the 365X. It's a fantastic carry gun.
SIG hit a home run with this one.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you like the 238 you might try the P938. It's not much bigger but in 9mm for more oomph.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have compared my 365X to everything else out there. Nothing beat it when comparing side by side.

It's SUBSTANTIALLY smaller than my G43X with more capacity. Yes, I know they make 15 round mags for the G43, but I don't bet my life on aftermarket.

Still the Sig is the most compact, highest capacity, light weight I could find.

SC's Walther is a fantastic 8 round subcompact. Walther seems to have a very hard value drop, so they can be had super inexpensively. (I believe this is because of hard to find accessories)

You can get a pre-owned PPS M2 for less than a comparable Taurus and get a light years superior pistol.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
It's hard to beat Sig's P365 series, it's just an outstanding design, love my 365 standard, best CCW ever in my opinion.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Walther seems to have a very hard value drop, so they can be had super inexpensively. (I believe this is because of hard to ding accessories)

You can get a pre-owned PPS M2 for less than a comparable Taurus and get a light years superior pistol.
About four or so years ago, CDNN was blowing out the PPS M2 for 289.00. You could get the "LE" version with three magazines and luminescent sights for 319.00. That's really hard to pass up for an honest-to-goodness German 9mm pistol, so I picked up one. These are fine pistols, something you can depend on in a fight. I've got a good leather pocket holster for my PPS and I'm tempted to start carrying it. I put the Talon Grip "black granulate" grip applique on the pistol and it locks solidly into my hand.

A couple of things- if your pistol is used, check the Walther site for the recall on the trigger. There's some kind of issue with the bladed trigger not being entirely drop-safe. They'll change out the trigger at no charge. There's a form on their site for this, or at least there used to be. If your PPS is within the recall serial number range and it has already been upgraded, there will be a very small dot punched into the hollow at the heel of the grip.

Secondly, there's a known issue with tolerance stacking causing some PPS M2s to develop a peened trigger bar, at the front where it seats in a recess on one side of the barrel. You might experience it, you might not, but either way, I don't think it matters nearly as much as some PPS owners would lead you to believe.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
OK off to go buy a box of those Federal HXTs!! (I'm a fan of Federal cartridges)

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It boggles the mind how Walther never has made traction in the US shooting scene. A great gun maker, long history, and not to mention a certain British spy movie franchise doing the best product endorsement money can buy, on has to wonder why their guns are not as big as HK or Sig.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Although I mostly carry a P365X now, I carried the PPS M2 for several years and really like it's reliability and accuracy. I replaced the OEM sights with Trijicon HDs (Orange front), which are my "go to" iron sights, but that's about it. The standard pressure Federal HST or Winchester "T" series 147 grain JHPs work great out of it. FYI: The "T" series Winchester 147s can be somewhat difficult to find, but they provided noticeably less muzzle flash compared to my HST ammo. Other than that, both are great options.

I carried mine in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB holster and could hardly detect it (so light and compact). Good luck!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post