SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Cockatoo got some plastic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cockatoo got some plastic Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Given the success of the PPQ and now PDP line, I can't say they haven't gotten traction. The PPS was running pretty well for a while. If they can P365-ize it and get it double stacked and keep it 1" wide, it might get a sales run again.

quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
It boggles the mind how Walther never has made traction in the US shooting scene. A great gun maker, long history, and not to mention a certain British spy movie franchise doing the best product endorsement money can buy, on has to wonder why their guns are not as big as HK or Sig.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Walther seems to have a very hard value drop, so they can be had super inexpensively

The M1 PPS was around $750 here when it first came out. I bought a used example for $530, and have carried it more than any other pistol. It’s a real performer for its size, and especially at the blowout or reduced prices.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I don't know why they haven't done this already. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Regarding 007, he should have switched to a PPS years ago. It would be brilliant marketing by Walther, and a pistol vastly superior to the piece of junk PPK.

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Given the success of the PPQ and now PDP line, I can't say they haven't gotten traction. The PPS was running pretty well for a while. If they can P365-ize it and get it double stacked and keep it 1" wide, it might get a sales run again.

quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
It boggles the mind how Walther never has made traction in the US shooting scene. A great gun maker, long history, and not to mention a certain British spy movie franchise doing the best product endorsement money can buy, on has to wonder why their guns are not as big as HK or Sig.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the latest PBS European cop shows Van Der Valk, the lead detective, carries and on occasion shoots a fancy Walther PDP....did they come up with that intentionally? PDP... "Pretty Damn ???"

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of from HH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
One of the latest PBS European cop shows Van Der Valk, the lead detective, carries and on occasion shoots a fancy Walther PDP....did they come up with that intentionally? PDP... "Pretty Damn ???"

That‘s not a Walther PDP, „van der Valk“ plays in the Netherlands, therefore they use the standard sidearm of the dutch police: the Walther P99Q NL.

The P99Q has a typical partially cocked strikerfire action with a heavy doubleaction like trigger feel (think Glock New York+ trigger). But ist also has a true doubleaction second strike capabillity.
As another feature there‘s no need to pull the trigger to decock the action upon disassembly. Retractimg the slide for the fraction of an inch will decock it (and put it in full doubleaction mode as for the second strike capability).

The P99Q is only made for law enforcement and is not sold to the public Roll Eyes
(I would prefer other Walther models with lighter triggers anyway).

And this old cup and saucer grip technique is no longer taught in police training…

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Aus einem traurigen Arsch kommt niemals ein fröhlicher Furz.
(Martin Luther)

Posts: 328 | Location: Hamburg / Germany | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
from HH, it's good to see you here.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of from HH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
from HH, it's good to see you here.

Thank you! I think I have not often something useful to contribute, but I visit this great forum on a nearly daily basis.

——————————————————————————————————

Aus einem traurigen Arsch kommt niemals ein fröhlicher Furz.
(Martin Luther)

Posts: 328 | Location: Hamburg / Germany | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Please stick around! I for one welcome your input!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post