SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Where did all the Beretta 92/96 locking blocks go?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did all the Beretta 92/96 locking blocks go? Login/Join 
posted
A buddy had a locking block failure in his Beretta 96. He can't locate a replacement that is in stock for love or money.

I took a look on his behalf to no avail as well.

I'm not a Beretta guy, but these were once dirt common weren't they?

Beretta manufacturing still way behind on account of Covid I'm guessing.

Anybody have a lead on the latest improved version of the locking block that is in stock?

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did, unfortunately that link shows them as out of stock as well.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’re right! Just checked Midwest Gunworks & Brownells and all out of stock. I no longer own a 92 or 96 so have no more spare parts. Otherwise I’d send you one. You might try posting a Want to Buy over on the Beretta forum. They are a good group of people. I’m sure someone might be able to help you out.

Posts: 192 | Registered: June 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 65 | Location: NC | Registered: September 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southrnshooter:
$45 from Allegheny Arms.

https://alleghenyarms.com/accessories/

Yes, but their website pops up with a warning that their web/online store is temporarily closed, while their storefront is operating.

I am also looking for a couple of locking blocks: one for the existing barrel and the second for a spare top end.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has been a problem for quite awhile. I finally ended up going to Ebay for a used one.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I just bought 3 new ones Gen-3 coated in CPII from a seller of Beretta parts on EBay. Top notch. Guy’s name on EBay is Marmaso57

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
I just bought 3 new ones Gen-3 coated in CPII from a seller of Beretta parts on EBay. Top notch. Guy’s name on EBay is Marmaso57

On that note, how does one tell an old style block from a new style block?

Also, is an M9 block the same as a 92/96 block?

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I found that too and it is the reason I asked if an M9 locking block was the same between the 92/96 and the M9.

Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M1Garandy:
quote:

Type something like "Beretta 92 locking block old new" in google and then click "Images."

"92" and "M9" locking blocks are the same.

I would be surprised if anyone is selling the original (non-upgraded or 'gen 1' or whatever) part but I guess anything is possible. It's probably obvious but if you buy just the locking block you need the plunger and pin to install it.

Posts: 4074 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Harder to find pics of the different type than it should be for whatever reason, but it looks like Apex is selling a 2nd gen locking block rather than the current 3rd gen.

posted Hide Post
I might have found one 3rd gen kit. I'll know for sure when I hear back from the parts house. They don't do online orders, so hopefully their online inventory is correct.

posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure there is a FAQ on berettaforum that clearly shows the various locking blocks.

If you've never had a free lunch, you are'nt trying hard enough

Posts: 213 | Location: The North Coast of America, Southern Coast of Lake Erie | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amd6547:
I’m pretty sure there is a FAQ on berettaforum that clearly shows the various locking blocks.

I don't doubt it, but my search engine couldn't find them.

This got the job done though: https://pistol-forum.com/showt...iewfull=1#post224378

posted Hide Post
Brignoli Armi looks like they have them.

Posts: 36 | Location: GA | Registered: June 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mr. Bartocci answers this question at around 9:45 in the video.
Technical Review and History of the Beretta M9A1

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SF1911:
quote:
quote:

Mr. Bartocci answers this question at around 9:45 in the video.
Technical Review and History of the Beretta M9A1

This video is more in depth at around 15:00.
Fact vs Fantasy - Beretta M9/92FS

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post