SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Will you buy a glock that is battleworn?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will you buy a glock that is battleworn? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No I wouldn't. My stock gen4 21 runs just fine shooting groups just as tight as my S/A TRP. My two prior Gen 3 21's ran perfectly also. "Improve the functionality"? A fool and their money soon part.

Posts: 757 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
I have the "patrol worn" model. It has the following special features:

- The rear sight has some rust around its base
- The right side of the grip has rub marks from a seatbelt
- The back grip checkering is partially filled with a brown composite material consisting of powdered sugar and dead skin which acts as a protective coating and is actually harder than tennifer.
- the slide stop and front sight have most of their finish worn off
- It has a scratch on the slide and comes with a letter of authenticity documenting that the scratch was from tripping and falling during a real life foot chase.
- There is a large wad of lint lodged between the back of the trigger and the frame

I figure $900 is a good price?

Perfect! My instructor's Glock is usually so ratty and worn that I always enjoy watching him outshoot the students with pretty guns. I will admit the guns I carry in leather hardly wear accept the rubbing parts but my P320 finish is already worn after a few months of carry and dry fire. If you wear the finish you have been doing some work. That's manly but not fake distressed.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
(sigh)...

Nope. That's embarrassing to even look at.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
The factory Glock® is modified to improve the functionality ....

Confused

I didn’t think that was possible. It’s like a “reliability” package being offered for a SIG: How does someone improve the reliability of “Works every time”? And according to every Glock owner whose opinion I’ve read, Glocks work better than Works every time (unless they need a 500+ round break in to work every time, but hey, they still work every time; mostly).

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
[E]ven the big G is into marketing different coatings.

I would not, however, blame this on Glock. Based on the link it’s an aftermarket company doing all that, and it’s no different than any other aftermarket company’s offerings.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Nope....don't care for that finish.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Nope,I am not a gimmick person

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only if it's a battle worn diamond plate, rainbow finish.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SVTNate
posted Hide Post
I like it, I have a G21SF with a similar finish but it's a battle worn blue, and my daily carry G30 SF just got dropped off for a copper-hued battle worn finish.

It's cheap, I find it fun to to, I am supporting Veteran-owned American pro-gun businesses, and frankly I tend to take serious things seriously and have fun the rest of the time. How my Glock is painted is not a serious issue for me, and I'm the guy paying for it.

If I get tired of a finish, I'll pay to get it redone in something else. It's just a fun thing for me to enjoy as a guy who has owned a whole lot of stock, black Glocks over the years.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Guns, cars, Cuban cigars

Posts: 2570 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: September 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not as expensive as other "upgraded" Glock models like ZEV or Salient. But other than the finish, which I would prefer to put on it through normal use, I see no use for this package.

Posts: 378 | Registered: November 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like those fake Steampunk (usually Nerf) guns those cosplay weirdos play with to me: http://steampunkstyling.com/blog/steampunk-guns/

Posts: 120 | Location: Kansas | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have... they're called police trade in's and the cost 1/3 as much. Big Grin

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eek we just got the Red battleworn glock 19s... not really my cup of tea, but I figured they'd have a better response than they do... o well live and learn... your LGS seems pretty high at 699 though just my opinion...

Posts: 1305 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No thanks, I'll stick with LE trade ins or vintage pistols.
Wonder how much I could get for my JC date coded P225? Never been refinished. Hahaha.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigforever
posted Hide Post
Never. I do my own battleworn finish. Takes about 7-8 years of hard use per gun. Smile

"That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." - Neil Armstrong.

Posts: 235 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not a bad looking finish, and it has the benefit that one isn't going to hurt it regardless of chipping, wear, or damage, but I wouldn't pay extra to get it.

If one is buying a pistol for show-and tell, then why not? If one is buying it for serious use, carry or otherwise, then making pretty may not be the priority.

I'd rather focus on functionality.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. I have duty guns that look like they have been there and done that, because they have been there and done that. Open duty carry is hard on a gun's finish, as is training. The very idea of fake "battle" wear is an insult. Get out there and train with the gun, for an authentic worn look.

Then, the Lone Wolf barrel would kill the deal. There are far better aftermarket barrels, such as KKM.

Have Colts, will travel

Posts: 3188 | Location: SE Texas | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Eek we just got the Red battleworn glock 19s... not really my cup of tea, but I figured they'd have a better response than they do... o well live and learn... your LGS seems pretty high at 699 though just my opinion...

Red?! I hope that is a joke.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by car541:
I have the "patrol worn" model. It has the following special features:

- The rear sight has some rust around its base
- The right side of the grip has rub marks from a seatbelt
- The back grip checkering is partially filled with a brown composite material consisting of powdered sugar and dead skin which acts as a protective coating and is actually harder than tennifer.
- the slide stop and front sight have most of their finish worn off
- It has a scratch on the slide and comes with a letter of authenticity documenting that the scratch was from tripping and falling during a real life foot chase.
- There is a large wad of lint lodged between the back of the trigger and the frame

I figure $900 is a good price?

Best response so far. Except, perhaps, for egregore's angry cat.

I might be willing to spring for $800...if you can take care of the lint wad. Razz

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:

Red?! I hope that is a joke.

Not a joke Cool

Posts: 1305 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
That red Glock needs some antibiotics...or something.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post