SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Macro TacOps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Macro TacOps Login/Join 
posted
Just watched a video about the P365 TacOps model debuting at Shot Show. I only did a cursory search, so if someone else has already posted this, please forgive me.

It is the 3.7 inch no comp barrel, still interchangeable grips, and an extended slide catch lever. Removeable steel magazine well, and 4 magazines ship with this gun. 750$ MSRP.
Link to the video below, 16:05 minute mark is where coverage of this gun starts. Video is all about Sigs if you want to watch it all.

https://www.classicfirearms.co...utm_content=Tertiary

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ffhounddog
posted Hide Post
Basically what I have two of the LE versions of the gun.

Posts: 311 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: January 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I bought a used XL to see how I liked a Macro with the longer barrel. To be frank, I liked the original Macro better. I understand that a lot of people didn't want the comp for various reasons, but in my testing (YMMV) I got better followup shots with the comp. That being said, it is good to have choices!!!

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info Basenji. I havent' shot any of the 365's except for the original and the XL when my wife and I were looking at concealed carry options a couple of years ago. We ended up going with the 320 Xcompact. It was close for both of us, but with the slightly less felt recoil, we figured training would be easier with the 320.

I have seen several slow motion videos of the comp in action, and with the feedback from actual users, it leads me to believe that the comp is effective.

I am hoping one of my local ranges will get one in for a rental option so that we can shoot both back to back and see for ourselves. We have held the original Macro just a couple of weeks ago, and we reallly like the grip of the Macro and of course the capacity is more than what we currently have in the Xcompact.

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I have an X Comp with a Romeo 1. I like it, but the Macro does everything (for me) that the X Comp does in a lighter, thinner package. Hope you get to shoot one, or in the alternative, come to Virginia and try mine. Smile

Posts: 919 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Is there a difference between this and buying a 365xl or 365x and putting a macro grip on it?

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, except for the comp. That’s only partially true now though because they just started selling a Macro with an XL slide and barrel, no comp.

In my experience I find no added value in the Macro frame. The Macro mags are sold with all 3 baseplates to fit any of the 3 sized grip modules. So I actually stole the Macro fcu and put it in a Wilson Combat grip module and added the Macro mag (17 rounds) with appropriate baseplate and the Macro comped upper. Perfect for me. The WC grip module is easily head and shoulders better than stock. I have slowly converted all of my 365’s to this grip.

My Macro grip sits lonely in my parts bin where it will probably stay.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Basenji:
I have an X Comp with a Romeo 1. I like it, but the Macro does everything (for me) that the X Comp does in a lighter, thinner package. Hope you get to shoot one, or in the alternative, come to Virginia and try mine. Smile

Thanks for the offer, you never know. Just last night I was thinking about doing some crabbing in the Chesapeake Bay.

I have similar thoughts about the two. I know that my wife, who has fairly small hands, would probably carry the 365 in that setup more often than the Xcompact.

Does the Romeo 1 fit the 365, or is it too big?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Nope, except for the comp. That’s only partially true now though because they just started selling a Macro with an XL slide and barrel, no comp.

In my experience I find no added value in the Macro frame. The Macro mags are sold with all 3 baseplates to fit any of the 3 sized grip modules. So I actually stole the Macro fcu and put it in a Wilson Combat grip module and added the Macro mag (17 rounds) with appropriate baseplate and the Macro comped upper. Perfect for me. The WC grip module is easily head and shoulders better than stock. I have slowly converted all of my 365’s to this grip.

My Macro grip sits lonely in my parts bin where it will probably stay.

Thanks Perdropcola, I did not know that they did that with the magazines. That is pretty nice.

I haven't had a chance to hold any of the Wilson Combat grips for either the 365 or the 320. I have been thinking of picking one up for the Xcompact. The CarryII, I think, is the one that allows the 17 rounders to fit flush.That is that one I have been thinking about.

What size or options does Wilson offer for the 365, and which one are you using?

Thanks.

Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
Come on down to Virginia Beach, it's off season so hotels are less expensive. The Romeo 1 is too big for the 365s. You would need a Romeo 0 to fit, but most folks like the Holosun 407 or 507K. Who knows she might like the 365 Short (what I call the original 365).

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think with the XMacro line, comp or not, SIG has found how big is too big for this line. It has a longer grip than a Glock 19. And that's before the Tac Ops mag well.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think with the XMacro line, comp or not, SIG has found how big is too big for this line. It has a longer grip than a Glock 19. And that's before the Tac Ops mag well.

I don't think so. It's not too big so much as as big as it should get. The extra .16 of an inch grip length is negligible for most people.

Dimensions
                        Length          Height          Width           Weight
G19                     7.36 in         5.04 in         1.26 in         23.63 oz
P365 XMACRO             6.6 in          5.2 in          1.1 in          21.5 oz

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For a lot of people the G19 is too big. The point of gun lines like the P365 is to give carriers smaller options with equivalent capacity. If someone can carry this, they don't really need a smaller gun, and can choose from the plethora of standard compact guns out there.

I look at the Hellcat Pro as more what a gun like this should be. It has all the firepower and features of the the G19, but is smaller in every dimension. It's about .2" shorter in the grip than the G19, and almost a half inch shorter than this gun. And the far back end of the grip is the prime print point for a holster carried gun (which all the guns mentioned here very much are.)

I would have like to see SIG do these guns as 15 rounders and kept the grip length under 5".

quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:

I don't think so. It's not too big so much as as big as it should get. The extra .16 of an inch grip length is negligible for most people.

Dimensions
                        Length          Height          Width           Weight
G19                     7.36 in         5.04 in         1.26 in         23.63 oz
P365 XMACRO             6.6 in          5.2 in          1.1 in          21.5 oz

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well if it is too big no one has told anyone that around these parts.
They don’t sit on the shelf for much longer than 5 seconds.
Can’t get enough of them. One of the hottest sellers right now.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 365 lineup Wilson Combat sells the standard and the X grip modules. With or without manual safety cutout. They are the same pattern just obviously differ in size. I have both. I predominately carry the standard size because with Magguts innards it has 12+1 capacity in the smallest size grip module. I prefer shooting the X because it is just enough bigger to make it more comfortable to shoot. Buy both.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
In the 365 lineup Wilson Combat sells the standard and the X grip modules. With or without manual safety cutout. They are the same pattern just obviously differ in size. I have both. I predominately carry the standard size because with Magguts innards it has 12+1 capacity in the smallest size grip module. I prefer shooting the X because it is just enough bigger to make it more comfortable to shoot. Buy both.

Thanks sir for the follow up to my questions. I really do appreciate you taking the time to explain that.

I hadn't heard of magguts (what a perfect name) before either. Another company and product lines to look into, thanks.

Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
I have the WC grips for my 365 Short and for my 320 X Comp. I am waiting patiently for the WC Macro grip (if they ever do one). Before I got the WC for the 365 Short, I had the Hogue Handall and liked that as well. I guess I could have done with just the Handall, but I liked the way the WC 365 Short grip looked. Smile

posted Hide Post
I bought the macro and shot the macro so I could run a comped XL slide and a standard grip. Love it. Much less recoil than the standard 365. I’m converting to the comped slide. Love it. Oh, did I already say that? Get one if you like the 365.

John 3:16
Sig 224,228,229,220,226,1911's, 938,220 carry, 239, 365, 225, 210. I come here because my addiction looks ok compared to your collections : )

Posts: 387 | Location: Indy area | Registered: December 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gallo Pazzesco
posted Hide Post
FWIW I really like my XMacro ... and the comp definitely helps with follow-ups imho.

I shoot quite a bit, am an avid reloader and have my own range, steel and paper with stages, here on my property. The X-Macro is just what my big paws ordered. I have gotten away with carrying a full sized P320 in a couple of different modes for the past couple of years because at 6'3" 240 with size 16 feet and hands to match all previous micros and macros were just too small for me.

Not so with the X-Macro ... compensated plus 17 rounds. I'll be carrying this thing for awhile.

Speaking of them flying off the shelf - that is very true. They're now up to $829.00 around here and no one can keep them in stock. I've had a couple of friends come over to shoot mine and both rushed right out and put their orders in immediately afterwards.

Posts: 104 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: September 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Qwerty for sharing your experiences with the macro, especially the direct comparison to the standard version.

quote:
Originally posted by Gallo Pazzesco:
FWIW I really like my XMacro ... and the comp definitely helps with follow-ups imho.

I shoot quite a bit, am an avid reloader and have my own range, steel and paper with stages, here on my property. The X-Macro is just what my big paws ordered. I have gotten away with carrying a full sized P320 in a couple of different modes for the past couple of years because at 6'3" 240 with size 16 feet and hands to match all previous micros and macros were just too small for me.

Not so with the X-Macro ... compensated plus 17 rounds. I'll be carrying this thing for awhile.

Speaking of them flying off the shelf - that is very true. They're now up to $829.00 around here and no one can keep them in stock. I've had a couple of friends come over to shoot mine and both rushed right out and put their orders in immediately afterwards.

Thanks Gallo. It sounds like you have a great setup there. I hope to be able to do that down the road.

Have you developed a load for the Macro specifically yet? If so, what are you using?

Holy cow, size 16 feet. That must be incredibly tough finding shoes. Were you ever a lineman in football?