SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Hammer Spring Weight On A 226 Legion DA/SA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer Spring Weight On A 226 Legion DA/SA Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know the factory hammer spring weight on a 226 Legion DA/SA ?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC it is 24lb. I run 17lb springs on mine with no issues.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just checked on the Wolff website and verified that the standard weight is 24lb.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Gonna try a 17 or 18 .
I run a 14 in my Wilson/Beretta Brigadier Tactical and it’s been 100% with American made primers .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
With a 17# spring I was getting light strikes with Blazer Brass.
I run a Superstrut with the supplied 20# spring in almost everything now.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick B:
Thanks for the replies. Gonna try a 17 or 18 .
I run a 14 in my Wilson/Beretta Brigadier Tactical and it’s been 100% with American made primers .

I run chrome silicon 12lb springs in my Berettas (a Brig Tac & Cen Tac, both with the action tune, LTT Elite with Langdons trigger job, & a 92X Performance) with no issues.

posted Hide Post
18# works well for me

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Superstrut with provided spring in 4 SAO's and 1 DA/SA.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had good luck with 18#.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post