SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What pistols have you owned, or fired that have just not lived up? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The PPK. Had a couple. Neither worked.
Glock 23. Recoil through the trigger bites my finger. The only Glock I actually hate.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
ever 40 I've handled ever.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 7mm Mauser
posted Hide Post
The first S&W Sigma pistols in 40. The firing pin was investment cast and the tip broke while I was at the range. I sent it back and Smith repaired it, then I immediately traded it in at my LGS for a new G23 that I have to this day.

7mm

Port Orchard, WA

Posts: 170 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Marlin model 60. Bought it about 12 years ago from Walmart. The thing was a jammomatic...couldn't get through a mag. Didn't like the tube mag, either. Picked up a bolt-action glenfield 25 for $90, sold the model 60 for $75, and never looked back. I should have bought a 10/22 in the first place...live and learn.

Sig P365. Too small, too heavy, and bites my trigger finger. I thought it would be better than other micro-9s. It isn't. I put a Hogue grip sleeve on it and that made it better, but I still much prefer my Glock 26.

Posts: 8571 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Revolver. Any revolvers. ... but I couldn't shoot them worth a damn.

Then you still need one. Master it. Until you do, it's unfinished business. Wink

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
CZ P10C for me. I bought one right after they came out after watching all of the hype about it on YouTube. It was nothing special. The trigger also irritated my finger after shooting 50 rounds or so. None of the other striker-fired guns with trigger safeties do that to me.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Ruger LCP - shit sights, crap trigger, recoil too snappy.

As far as I am concerned the only good thing about it was it got folks thinking about making a pocketable 9mm such as the P290, P938, Beretta Nano, etc.

With the plethora of pocket autos now avail, I am truly surprised they still make it or anyone would still want one.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7mm Mauser:
The first S&W Sigma pistols in 40.

7mm

Ah yes, the Smegma. Or the "Glock lawsuit."

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Taurus .22LR 4" Revolver. It was not that accurate and the parts did not fit well. The revolver did not serve any purpose for me. I bought it used so I did not lose much money selling it. My first and last Taurus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tcba_joe
posted Hide Post
I'm going to get flamed for this, but...
1986 marked SIG P225/P6. I had the gun in basically NIB condition, changed to a P239 mainspring, and a ton of mags.

It was a beautiful and high quality gun, but it didn't really do much for me. Too big for being a 8rd 9mm and I don't understand the cult like following for them. (Even though the P239 mainspring did wonders for it's shootability.)

I ended up selling it and using some of the money to buy a P229R-40-DAK. Which, while not my favorite gun, was purchased right after I received my USCG commission and is an exact copy of my issued sidearm. So, while the gun sucks, it has some personal meaning.

Posts: 195 | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
By far, the biggest dog I've ever owned was a Browning Hi-Power bought new in the late 80's. Would not get through a single mag without at least 2 FTF. Sent it back to Browning without solving the problem. Had a competent local gunsmith work in, again without solving the problem. The gun was a true lemon.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK VP9. Purchased one right after they came out. I was excited because I like HK's so I thought this would be a hit.
The place I bought it at in Michigan had a range attached and when you purchased a firearm, you could go shoot it.
Loaded up, target out to 10 yards and shot. Weirdest recoil impulse I've ever felt. Maybe it was me, I don't know.
Went back home and shot it 3 days later. Same thing. Sold it that weekend.

Beretta Nano. Again, purchased when it first came out. Horrible trigger and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn standing inside it. Didn't have that long either.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple of non guns, gun parts.

Tactical Solutions pac-light, and tactical solutions ar22 upper. The pack light produced 2-inch groups at 35 feet. the stock Ruger produced dime sized groups. There was something wrong with the sleeve. Looked down it and saw what looked like a crinkle or weld spot down the barrel. Sent it back got a new one. No issue with this one, nice dime sized groups. 6-8 months later picked up their ar22 upper. Put a 1-4 on it. Started shooting it at 25yds. Freaken 10 inch pattern. Take it home, 3 inches from the muzzle same fricken crinkle/weld in the sleeve. sent it back, got it back it looks like crap. It shot 1.5 inches at 25 yds. not bad per say. especially for an ar22 raming rounds down range from a 50 round drum mag. Both barrels are aluminum with a sleeved liner. how the hell they made it passed QC I will never know. I have not purchased any TS products since.

Next up is marvel unit 1 and 2. Most of what I shoot is 22lr. for every hundred rounds of centerfire, I shoot 1k of 22lr. I have had just about every conversion kit to 22lr imaginable. Sig, ace, marvel, ts, kimber, etc etc. while they are accurate the marvel 1 was so picky it was unshootable. 7 rounds in the mag only or it would not feed. 25 round and had to clean the chamber or it would not extract. Oiled not waxed or it would not extract. Total cluster fluck. The marvel unit 2 had a screw at the end of the barrel, ie recoil rod, you had to tighten this down each mag to get it to hold point of aim. as the gun heated up, you had to change the amount of torque you put on it to keep point of aim. This lead to a certain amount of animal sacrifice and vodoo to achieve enough prescience to know what the fuck to do.

Contrast that with sigs 228,226,220 conversions. They worked every fricken time and shot dime sized groups at 35ft with cci standard.I will add that the best accuracy and most reliable with a wide range of ammo for 1911 conversions i have owned was the cheapy sig pot metal one that is made for them. Metal mags, easy on, easy off. works with suppressor. sights were plastic, but they were well defined and clear. it was not the MOST accurate over all, simply the more accurate with any type of ammo you fed it. if you catch my meaning. I did end up trading it off. Because I decided I dispise cleaning 22lr gunk out of center fired handguns.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Sig Mosquito, Beretta 92 FS, Keltec P-3AT, Taurus 68 (I think it was).

I don't have to explain the Mosquito, we all know the problem with them.

The Berretta 92 just didn't work for me. Too heavy, couldn't hit shit with it.

The Keltec .380 beat my hand up and if the target was more than 5 yards away, it was safe. Frown

The Taurus snubbie literally fell apart on me. Lost 2 screws and the cylinder rattled like a mariachi rattle.

I'm sure there are more but they escape me right now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark - Constant FTE problems have made it a single-shot gun. If I'm lucky, I'll get two in a row before it jams. To be fair, though, I bought it used and I haven't done any maintenance other than cleaning and lubing it. I should probably at least put new springs in it before I throw it away completely.

S&W Shield - Bought new, jams constantly. It still might break in, but I'm too frustrated with it to put in the time for a break in period. Brand new guns should be able to shoot more than three rounds without jamming.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5282 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

The Keltec .380 beat my hand up and if the target was more than 5 yards away, it was safe. Frown

The Taurus snubbie literally fell apart on me. Lost 2 screws and the cylinder rattled like a mariachi rattle.

Jim

see I own a mosquito. I called sig about the accuracy issues. they said shoot 1k of cci mini mags with the light spring through it. so i did.

I then ordered 40 or 50 different 50 round boxes of ammo. I sat down and tested them all. I ended up finding that it liked Armscor 36grn hp. I had a few failures in the first 1k of the arms cor, but after that it ran tip top. I kept buying armscor/bvac ammo for 5 years. 10k rounds at a time. I finally had a squib when shooting with my supressor, using standard vel. It lodged in the threaded portion of the barrel. the next round bulged it. At that point i had well over 10k rounds down range with the little gun. I sent it back to sig, this is after they said no more warranty work. Poof, a week or two later i get it back. Same gun frame and slide, new barrel, package of 3 light springs package of 3 heavy springs, package of Sights. outstanding service.

I take it to the range and promptly drop 500 rounds down it expecting to have to break it in. Nope, it runs like a champ. Still one of my favorite guns. Now I will say that i spent the money for 5 metal mags. That may be the difference.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

see I own a mosquito. I called sig about the accuracy issues. they said shoot 1k of cci mini mags with the light spring through it. so i did.

I then ordered 40 or 50 different 50 round boxes of ammo. I sat down and tested them all. I ended up finding that it liked Armscor 36grn hp. I had a few failures in the first 1k of the arms cor, but after that it ran tip top. I kept buying armscor/bvac ammo for 5 years. 10k rounds at a time. I finally had a squib when shooting with my supressor, using standard vel. It lodged in the threaded portion of the barrel. the next round bulged it. At that point i had well over 10k rounds down range with the little gun. I sent it back to sig, this is after they said no more warranty work. Poof, a week or two later i get it back. Same gun frame and slide, new barrel, package of 3 light springs package of 3 heavy springs, package of Sights. outstanding service.

I take it to the range and promptly drop 500 rounds down it expecting to have to break it in. Nope, it runs like a champ. Still one of my favorite guns. Now I will say that i spent the money for 5 metal mags. That may be the difference.

All I can say is that you have a lot more patience than I do. A lot more!!

The guy that I sold it to has the same patience as you and still shoots it. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my life time I've probably fired enough 45ACP to fill two 55Gal drums with the empties. Thus I'm not new to the 45ACP. I acquired a S&W 45ACP Shield. Its been back to S&W twice for the same reason sporadic failures to Feed/Chamber. We have(6) magazines can not make it thru all six with out a instance/instances of failure to Feed/Chamber. Have tried different brands of ammunition and bullet profiles. Up dated all the magazines with the new follower still problematic.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Ruger P85

bought it new when all the hype about them was strong,
took it to a friends farm and could not hit the target at 25 paces,

moved to 15, no luck
moved to 7, barely hit the paper,

being young, and not that good with a handgun, I handed it to a friend that was a better shot and with me at the time,

he had a similar issue

had 3 types of ammo with us as well,

traded it on a 1911 (springfield Armory) that worked very well (still have it)
and passed that same accuracy test

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Sig Mosquito - Couldn't hit a sheet of paper at 25 ft, wouldn't feed reliably, etc.

The surprise to me was a Ruger Security Six that had a large cylinder gap and threw fire badly when fired. I burned my finger pretty badly with it, and promptly got rid of it.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post