SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    FNS safety bulletin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FNS safety bulletin Login/Join 
posted
I posted this in the Baltimore police pistol thread, but it could easily be overlooked on page 3.

https://fnamerica.com/customer...ns-service-bulletin/

It kinda sounds to me like they probably got the complaints, quietly did a redesign of the striker in early 2017 and incorporated it into new production, but never launched an upgrade program until now.

My guess would be an OOB trigger pull releases the striker, but the block is still active, holding the striker back. Then a jarring event bounces the block, allowing the striker to fire. That’s why racking solves it, it resets the striker to the sear. Still doesn’t explain why officers would be having discharges. When would you pull the trigger while the slide is OOB and then just holster it and carry on? Also doesn’t address anything with the trigger safety. So is the trigger safety not an issue? The Arizona video appears to mention a failure of the hinge trigger safety to reset. Did Arizona misdiagnose? Is there a compound issue?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post