SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Couple Sig elite production questions.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Couple Sig elite production questions. Login/Join 
Picture of Coldbore
posted
What year did Sig start making their elite series of pistols and what was the last year of production? I have two p220 SSE (one is full size, the other is the carry version), one is manufactured in 2012 and the other 2016. The 2016 has a shorter beavertail and thats the only difference in the frame (US made vs frame made in Germany on the older one). I bought the 2016 pistol used and it has Sig g10 grips so my other question is do you know if the rosewoods were factory or did Sig ever make a run with black/grey g10 grips?

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
My SSE was manufactured in 2007 and has the short extractor. I believe they started making them a year earlier. The rosewood grips are factory on all SSE model. I also have a 229 Elite Nitron with rosewood grips that were factory.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I dug out my SIG catalogs from 2010 and 2012 (back when they still printed paper catalogs!)

2010:

2012:

It appears as least up to 2012, the custom rosewood grips were standard. Can't help with the extractor though as the catalog did not show the other side of the pistol.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post