SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 40 to 9 conversion?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 40 to 9 conversion? Login/Join 
posted
Can I just install a 9mm barrel in a P239 40S&W? Any other modifications required?

Posts: 6 | Registered: June 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Depending on the barrel you install, it may required a bit of fitting.

As an example, the P239 SAS in .40 that I have ... I ordered a Barsto barrel for it and it did require a small amount of fitting by a smith.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a barrel made by Sig would be a "drop in"?

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dog 137:
I wonder if a barrel made by Sig would be a "drop in"?

I swapped out a P239 .357 Sig barrel for a .40 S&W barrel. Worked fine, though I needed .40 S&W magazines to replace the .357 Sig mags. I bought a used 9mm Sig barrel, a 9mm recoil spring, and used 9mm mags for perfect function as a 9mm pistol. It's actually the most accurate set up of the three.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am in agreement that a factory 9mm barrel will drop in and work fine. You can use your 40 magazines. Sights may be slightly off between 40 and 9mm, but not worth worrying about. Changing the recoil spring is your call based non experience.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another 9 OEM barrel user.
I swap out the barrel only and it functions fine.

If you have problems due to limp writing, install a 9 recoil spring.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you. Looks do-able.

posted Hide Post
I have a couple of P239's . I have all three cal barrels for my 2 tone. I've been thinking about ordering a spring for when I put the 9 barrel in because it ejects the brass only a few feet from me. This causes me to lose the joy of hunting for my brass...feels like cheating.

The 40 mags seem to work fine with all three calibers.

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post