SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally joined the P320 club
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally joined the P320 club Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
That is a great deal. The thing I like most about the P320 is the fact that it is left up to YOUR imagine as to what pistol you end up with. My gun is a X Compact grip module, compact slide, a little internal modding, with X Ray sights.

If I didn't like it, I could easily change grip modules, slides, etc until I configured it to what I want. I have an RX slide that I swap back and forth to, and now I think I have a carry holster that will meet my needs so I'm probably going to configure it to RX and start carrying it full time.

I've got a lot to learn about the 320. I just recently decided I wanted one and I am looking into all the options for it. I have a feeling it will end up at The Sig Armorer at some point.

Posts: 1183 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
That is a great deal. The thing I like most about the P320 is the fact that it is left up to YOUR imagine as to what pistol you end up with. My gun is a X Compact grip module, compact slide, a little internal modding, with X Ray sights.

If I didn't like it, I could easily change grip modules, slides, etc until I configured it to what I want. I have an RX slide that I swap back and forth to, and now I think I have a carry holster that will meet my needs so I'm probably going to configure it to RX and start carrying it full time.

I've got a lot to learn about the 320. I just recently decided I wanted one and I am looking into all the options for it. I have a feeling it will end up at The Sig Armorer at some point.

To be frank and honest, there is really no need for anyone to send off a P320 for work. The gun is pretty good out of the box, and the upgrades that are worth it can be made at home through some of the quality parts kits from Grayguns or Apex Tactical.

If you can watch a video and detail strip, you can be your own armorer.

(That's not a gig against anyone's custom work, to include Grayguns, it is just a testament to what the parts kits will get you at a fraction of the cost. I have unfettered access to both shops for free, and will continue to work on my own P320s.)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About the only things I've done with the P320's are sights (Trijicon HD XR's) and the grip frame (x-compact and x-carry), and I've put in flat triggers.

I have the apex, grayguns, and sig flat triggers; all are good. I like the apex best, but just because it's got very little takeup, zero overtravel, and a clear reset. The graguns and sig are both good; the trigger for the P320 is great out of the box (or out of the "upgrade").

No need for a mag well on the P320 with an x-grip.

I had a bout of failure to extract just lately, and replaced the extractor and spring, which seemed to fix the problem. Other than that, they've been running really well. It really is a great design just as it comes, and doesn't need much, if anything, to be an excellent pistol.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The 320 Compact came home on Monday- trigger is slightly crisper and less mushy; looking forward to range testing it soon, weather permitting. From happy camper reports I’m anticipating adding an Apex flat face trigger. A buddy has one installed on his sc and it feels a lot better than stock.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15644 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All 3 of the triggers say that they are only compatible with guns that have had the voluntary trigger upgrade done. Is that just legal talk or factual?

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chetly:
All 3 of the triggers say that they are only compatible with guns that have had the voluntary trigger upgrade done. Is that just legal talk or factual?

I’m thinking it is because the early versions had the unfortunate ability to AD if dropped a certain way. The disclaimer is likely made to remove liability if the trigger is used on a pre-upgrade pistol. There are lots of posts on the interwebz about the topic, so they might be a little hard to puzzle through. To me, the bottom line seems to be liability protection.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15644 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what I thought. Now to figure out what apex trigger I want.

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post