SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Does anyone think Glock will ever make the G26X?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone think Glock will ever make the G26X? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
You know, taking on the G19X theme, make the G26X (G26 upper assembly on a G19 frame). I think it will sell like hot cakes. I personally don't care for the G19X, though. Don't like the G17 frame.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I think the idea has merit.

Posts: 26912 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Put a G19 upper on a G26 frame.

Now you're talkin'...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
Put a G19 upper on a G26 frame.

Now you're talkin'...

Nope, don't care for the subcompact frame at all.

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I kinda get the G19X - full size grip with a still service-length slide.

But what is accomplished with a subcompact slide? I just don't see the benefit...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Waiting patiently for a Glock 17 frame with a Glock 42 slide.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You know, taking on the G19X theme, make the G26X (G26 upper assembly on a G19 frame). I think it will sell like hot cakes. I personally don't care for the G19X, though. Don't like the G17 frame.
Never gonna happen. Never.

Posts: 107615 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Given that the 19X is, what I take to be, Glock's effort to recoup whatever R&D costs they incurred on the MHS project, I don't really see them trying to further develop the concept.

However, the concept has enough merit that I think they could sell either the version you propose, or the version Snake207 suggested. I dunno about "hotcakes," though. I guess we'll have to see how well the 19X sells. If they release a version in black, I think that would be the telling tale on whether it's selling in noteworthy amounts.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
They’re planning on releasing a modified version of the 19X in black. Some agencies are requesting it. When I asked if they would release a 32X in black because it would make a great duty weapon for my department, they laughed.

The 19X would make a fine duty weapon. No more holster pushing up against your hip when seated in the car. My duty holster for my Glock 31 with TLR-1 is designed to fit up to a Glock 34/35 with surefire WML so it’s longer than I need it to be. I recently chopped off the bottom and my hip and back are thanking me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
If they are gonna do it, they might want to hurry, looks like S&W beat them to it, or got close g26 is 3.42 to S&W's 3.6

I did get confirmation on a Black version of something very close to the 19X. It will have the 19 slide and 17 grip, but the grip will be more like the current 5th Gen G17. No word on it's roll marks, but did say it wouldn't be a 19X.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
If they are gonna do it, they might want to hurry, looks like S&W beat them to it, or got close g26 is 3.42 to S&W's 3.6

TXPO

Thank you!
https://www.juliegolob.com/new...-3-6%E2%80%B3-barrel

Q

posted Hide Post
Good on S&W. Impressive to see them building on the success of the compact 2.0 so quickly.

Posts: 295 | Location: TX | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PennSig
posted Hide Post
I believe it to be less desirable than the 19X due to it negating the specific benefit and use of a subcompact.

The 19X, on the other hand, which I picked up a week ago solves the problem I've always had with the G19. I can carry my G17 IWB easy enough (6'7", 250), but my interest in the more comfortable G19 has been blocked by the awkward grip with my larger than average hands (perhaps largely due to the finger grooves).

The solid, full grip I get with the 19X (assisted by no finger grooves), and the balance of the slide/frame dimensions make it just about perfect for carry (for me).

George Washington did what was right. Now it is our time to do the same. Restore the Republic!

Posts: 806 | Registered: October 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been hoping for a 32 slide on a 31 frame. But then again, I'm a .357 Sig slut.

Posts: 102 | Location: Mentor, OH | Registered: March 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Malice
posted Hide Post
I don't think it'll happen...

But I'd really like to see a 26L (19 slide) - I've talked to Polymer 80 about it and it sounds like there may be something in the works... but I have no ETA.

Posts: 532 | Registered: August 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Do t look now but Beretta just introduced the APX centurion. 3.7” 15 round mag.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Yup. I just got the email for the APX Centurion from RSR. More of a G19X fighter than a G26X though.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I'm another one that would be interested in a 19 slide on a 26 frame.

Buddy of mine has chopped a 19 grip to 26 size, I've borrowed it before and like it - might have to borrow it again, want to see how it feels/shoots with the Magpul G26 mags.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Yup. I just got the email for the APX Centurion from RSR. More of a G19X fighter than a G26X though.

Actually the true dimensions of the Centurion are more along the lines of the standard 19, their sizes are very close.

Originally the Centurion was going to be a 17 round grip, but Beretta changed it last minute to use 15 rounders. They wanted it to compete against the 19.

The compact is very much like a 26L, uses the Centurion length slide, but a compact grip.

I like the APX platform as a whole, and I am really interested in the APX Centurion. I have two on pre order.

I have had my hands on the Compact APX, and it will appeal to alot of folks. Especially the ones who wished for the G26 frame, G19 slide crowd.

Here is a picture of the Compact next to a full sized. You can get an idea of the slide length difference and height difference.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
Here is a picture of the Compact next to a full sized. You can get an idea of the slide length difference and height difference.

Every time I see an APX, I get a craving for one of these ... Wink

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post