SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 X-Five SL SO BT KV SA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 X-Five SL SO BT KV SA Login/Join 
posted
New to me P226 X-Five SL SO BT KV SA. Still at the gun shop waiting for background check to clear. I am able to identify the following:

SL= Steel Lower
SO= Special Operations (Railed Frame)
BT= Beaver Tail
SA= Single Action

However, I am looking for assistance to help identify what KV means. I have searched high and low to no avail, I can find KV guns in stainless and black finishes.

I think I found an oddball variety with this one being an X-Five Tactical with a steel frame instead of aluminum. Note: very few P226 X-Five varieties have a steel railed lower and dovetail sights. I will post pics when I pick it up, for now here is the only photo I can find online.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Gunfather,

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 10, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
quote:
P226 X-Five SL SO BT KV SA

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932953099

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1630 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet lookin' Sig either way.

Welcome to the forum!

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photohause:
quote:

That is the one I purchased!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Sweet lookin' Sig either way.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you! I had been looking for a steel frame X-Five with rail and dovetail sights and happy to have found this one.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Gunfather:
quote:
quote:

You should ask Vanguard directly. They have very good relationship with Hendrik Geissler, the Head of Sales of the now defunct German Mastershop. They can get that info for you. That's a great score for you, less than 2k for that brand new X5.

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by The Gunfather:
quote:
quote:

You should ask Vanguard directly. They have very good relationship with Hendrik Geissler, the Head of Sales of the now defunct German Mastershop. They can get that info for you. That's a great score for you, less than 2k for that brand new X5.

Good to know, Jared from Vanguard has had delivered great customer service as well.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Scratch that. No need to ask them. I just remember the email discussion I had on this a few years ago with member 220parts, who also had a very good relationship with SIG DE. He showed me a new acquisition, and the box label had "KV" on it. I asked him what it means.

KV = KontrastVisier (contrast sights)

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Scratch that. No need to ask them. I just remember the email discussion I had on this a few years ago with member 220parts, who also had a very good relationship with SIG DE. He showed me a new acquisition, and the box label had "KV" on it. I asked him what it means.

KV = KontrastVisier (contrast sights)

Thank you!