SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365X Romeo Zero Elite help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365X Romeo Zero Elite help Login/Join 
posted
Just got the 365X slide and Elite combo delivered. Dot was supposedly adjusted from the factory. Put my laser bore sighter in and the dot is way off. After getting the adjustment screws to finally budge, I can turn them in either direction all day with little to no movement. I am positive the allen wrench is seated properly.

WTF wrong am I doing? I already have an SMSC on my Hellcat and got that adjusted dead on in no time and I installed that dot.

Any suggestions? It's low and far right.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If you hold the gun just right (wrong) you can see what appears to be a second dot but it's not perfectly round and it's not as bright as the correct one.

That one will never move, but the correct one will.

Also, in moving mine, frequently I don't see the dot move but the point of impact moves. Have you adjusted the sight and then tried firing it?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually “boresight” mine against the irons. You can tell the dot is moving and the irons are a good starting point.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did boresight off the irons and they are spot on. When I first tried to adjust the sight, both Windage and elevation screws were very tight and I thought I was going to snap the Allen key. Maybe that is the issue, but the ring/dot will not move from low right. I can adjust the brightness so maybe the adjusters are buggered.

Hoping they can replace it before Thursday…

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Have you actually tried shooting it?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No chance yet. Work weekends. I do know it is way off though. The dot is off to the right below the rear sight.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunit:
No chance yet. Work weekends. I do know it is way off though. The dot is off to the right below the rear sight.

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

Mine's off to the left and slightly below the rear sight.

The dot gives me a perfect group at POA at 7 yards, though.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being slightly off vs factory sights, which mine is the new slide with suppressor height sights, but this is way off and won’t move an inch even if I turn the screws for five minutes.

posted Hide Post
Sig sent me a shipping label and will send a replacement out once the get confirmation or shipment from Fedex.

Works for me!

posted Hide Post
The front sight on the p365X models is not the correct height for use with the rear sight built into the Romeo Zero /Zero Elite models.

You need a .245” height front.

Once that is fixed you can simply co-witness the dot to the iron sight sight picture to get on paper /rough zero.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the new slide with the suppressor height sights so I have a rear sight as well.