SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Lnib P226 KG date code
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lnib P226 KG date code Login/Join 
posted
Just got this from LGS, very excited. Shows no wear on the rails and very little wear on the barrel and locking block. Just what you might get from hand cycling.
2 original magazines and 2 Mecgar 20 rounders. Did these come with cleaning tools? If so they are absent.
Also the trigger pull is 2.75lb. SA and 9.5lb. DA. Would this be normal for a gun this age?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: McGregor,

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You done good!

No cleaning tools were included from SIG. Yes, the stock trigger pull is heavy. This can be fixed by a good SIG smith like the SIG Armorer in Texas.

Or, just shoot it SA.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by McGregor:
Also the trigger pull is 2.75lb. SA and 9.5lb. DA. Would this be normal for a gun this age?

Around 10 lbs is normal for DA, but 4.0-4.5 lbs is normal for SA.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Love the WG sig 226's I have a KA edition and love it.. congrats on a good find

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Around 10 lbs is normal for DA, but 4.0-4.5 lbs is normal for SA.

Would this indicate the mainspring is weak? Plan on replacing the recoil spring. Should I replace the main spring also?
Have not tried shooting it yet so I don't know if I"ll get light strikes on the primers.
The DA trigger pull is very smooth - makes my Allround feel rough.

Posts: 250 | Location: SW,MI | Registered: July 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Given the condition of the gun, I can't imagine anything that would have worn or weakened the main spring.

If you got the gun to as a collector's piece, then leave it as is.

If you got it to shoot, then shoot it and see how it runs. If you don't get light primer strikes, then I wouldn't worry about it. Old style main springs have long been out of production, so if you want to replace it, you'll have to replace the spring strut too.

I'm not a SIG armorer nor pretend to be an expert gunsmith, so take my advice for what it's worth. I bet if you ask Sig, they'd advise you to send it in their Custom Shop for their refresh package.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Sweet gun. Your trigger is lighter than most SA. Shoot it.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Well done. Should be great shooter.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Best pistol ever made IMO.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kgray01
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. You likely won't regret your purchase, whether you shoot it or keep it as a collector's piece.

Congratulations!

1 Sam. 15:28

Posts: 313 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You should be very proud it is a great acquisition. Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your replies. Going to keep it to shoot just as a nice well cared for range gun. Not to carry or compete with. For the price I paid for it I don't think I will lose anything on it if I were to sell it.

posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. Congratulations! Please enjoy the wonderful heavy trigger and all the other qualities of this pistol without any modifications.

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post