SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any Kimber Rapide Black Ice 10mm owners or handlers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Kimber Rapide Black Ice 10mm owners or handlers? Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted
This pistol sure looks nice on paper and pictures!
I have very little experience with Kimber or 1911 style pistols.Any thoughts from owners or some one who has actually shot or fondled one would be appreciated. This pistol is really drawing me in to a purchase of one.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Since you said you did not have much experience with Kimber, I thought I would chime in.

I do not own that model but did buy a Stainless II in 10mm a few weeks ago. I have only shot 100 rounds but I really like it. It seemed to shoot softer then my friend’s 1911 Sig in 10mm.

I know that is very subjective but that was my conclusion. I bought Kimber branded mags as extras and they seem fine so far.

Posts: 1360 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I had to have a 10mm Kimber Custom Eclipse when it first came out. Early adoption issues came shortly afterwards. The magazines needed to be adjusted. After that, mine has worked great for 25+ years or so.

The other guys that I know that have one all say that theirs works great. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Posts: 9160 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I have several KIMBER pistols but not that one. It has my interest. I ordered some parts from KIMBER last week and coincidentally the representative started talking about his Rapide Black Ice 10mm. I had to look up what he was talking about. He admitted he was a bit biased but he said that pistol is the nicest shooting KIMBER he's owned.

KIMBER by the way is moving from NY to AL so parts and inventory is temporarily in both locations.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had a few Kimbers. I shot Eclipses and Raptors in USPSA for years. They were accurate and reliable with one complaint. I almost always had issues with JHP's. Sure use FMJ for competition but Rob Leatham at an open house told me that JHP's are slightly more accurate and IMO there is no one better to believe.

I never use Kimber mags anyway except for the "Barney" may so using Wilson's I changed out the springs for stronger Wolfe's and that solved the problem.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is an article on the Kimber Rapide in 10mm in the new Guns & Ammo mag that just came today (June 2020 edition).

Pragmatism: the relentless pursuit of seeing things as they really are.

Posts: 172 | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post