SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magazine storage.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazine storage. Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
How do you store all the magazines for your pistols?

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I stuff them in Glock clamshell cases.
They hold quite a bit and even more when the foam is removed.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have various sizes of plastic ammo cans. I use a file label and marker to indicate what's inside. Of course, I have quite a few magazines. The Beretta and 226 mags each fill a 50 cal can.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
short term? long term? for use soon or just against potential tyranny? grab and go or hidden/buried.
around the house I just put them in large plastic tubs that probably hold 500 magazines. For range use I put them in soft bags normally used for tools. For long term I put them in VCI bags.
What is your goal?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It depends-
off duty / EDC guns; there's a handful of loaded G-17 mags laying around the house & car.

Work; G-21 mags on my belt, 2 more in the work bag.

The rest of the Glock mags are in a box.

Everything else- 2 ziplock bags with 1911 mags, A few ziplock bags with P-226, then P-220, then S&W, ect, ect, all mags are lightly oiled, and there's a desiccant pack in the bag. Bags are in a Tupperware container.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use these. Each drawer holds 9 P226 mags and is just slightly wider than a 226 mag laid crossways. And they're stackable. Really only good for pistol mags.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I keep a 50 cal ammo box on top of the safe with “loaded mags” sticker on it. Any extra or other mags go in a box in the bottom of a rolling carts right next to the safe

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Whatever cardboard boxes I have.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Magnetic tool holder strips screwed to the wall above my safe. The $4 ones from harbor freight. The magnets are strong enough to hold even loaded mags, and I can get about 15-20 mags on a strip (more if they're single-stack). It works even better now that I got rid of the Glock and all of its plastic mags that wouldn't stick.

Posts: 8422 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Depends how many magazines you have.

Before I sold off my collection, I made this fancy magazine holder

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5747 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a scratch and dent Craftsman multi drawer tool box cheap and use it for magazine storage. Works great!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ I do something similar to this for extra mags and tools/parts/misc in the room I use to work on guns. Old 6 drawer tool cart.
Most mags are stored either with the gun in the safe under the rack (for those few that have only 2 or 3) or in 50 cal ammo cans. I have a couple cans each for beretta, glock and p226.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve found that the Sterilite mini drawer units work best for me. I’ve got a bunch in my office closet and for the overflow I’ve got the larger drawer units in the garage.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A tool chest was my go-to, but now that standard capacity mags are no longer available for purchase in this evil state I'm contemplating buying a dedicated safe for them. Damn commie leftists... Mad

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
I use plastic pencil cases the kids use for school.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigLaw:
I use plastic pencil cases the kids use for school.

Handiest damn things ever made.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I like the Sterlite Tupperware cause they are thin and stack well. But not too thin for accessories.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6256 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<OCD>
1. P-Touch labels on baseplate - gun, capacity, mag# (P320-15 #1, G19x-19 #2, Glock-17 #3) etc.
2. Arranged in two- or three-sleeve elastic mag holders stored base up in a large, plastic, locking tool box.
3. Rifle mags are numbered with a paint pen and stored in a plastic tub.
</OCD>

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
How do you store all the magazines for your pistols?

I've been tinkering with 3D printing "racks" for them -- most, I set up to hold four or five magazines. I set mine up such that they can be mounted to the bottom of a drawer, or even on a vertical surface. The design is evolving....

Email me if you'd like to try one.

God bless America.

Posts: 13428 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Gallon ziploc bags, magic marker.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post